Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   Sell or Swap (https://www.vn750.com/forum/17-sell-swap/)
-   -   Forward Controls, Only 20 Left, going, going.. (https://www.vn750.com/forum/17-sell-swap/103059-forward-controls-only-20-left-going-going.html)

Spockster 08-08-2018 06:57 PM

Forward Controls, Only 20 Left, going, going..

Soon to be gone for good, as far as Refined Cycle is concerned.

DISCONTINUED! Only about 20 sets left & gone forever!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FC12-Forwar...4383.l4275.c10

Item description
They move your feet forward 6.5". Sadly, we are retiring these forwards. When they are gone, they are GONE! NOT AVAILABLE any longer. This is a 1 hour or so bolt on project.

kryptonianjorel 08-08-2018 09:36 PM

Beautiful... but I can't justify the $210

Spockster 08-08-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kryptonianjorel (Post 1267255)
Beautiful... but I can't justify the $210

They tried no reserve auctions last year and a couple of sets went for $100, so they quit doing that. Give them some time and they might start taking offers. These things were just over $700 at one point, probably why they've had so many sitting around..

ruger 08-09-2018 04:58 AM

$221 with shipping? well, I won't be buying a set. but then again, even if they were cheaper, I would most likely not pick up a set. I'm too short for these. lol

thanks for the heads up though. :smiley_th

Spockster 08-09-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruger (Post 1267291)
$221 with shipping? well, I won't be buying a set. but then again, even if they were cheaper, I would most likely not pick up a set. I'm too short for these. lol

thanks for the heads up though. :smiley_th

They make my back hurt just looking at them, or I would've nabbed them at $100.

readparse 08-09-2018 02:43 PM

I was really determined to get a set of these, but then I decided getting a guard and pegs was maybe a better idea. At 6í3Ē and with legs that arenít as young as they used to be, what I need more than anything else is the ability to change the position of my legs during a ride.

Of course, as of last night my bike wonít start anyway, so that helps :)

My guard is still slowly making its way here in my daughterís trunk, and my pegs have arrived.

OleDirtyDoc 08-09-2018 05:08 PM

I miss Wolfie on threads like these. "$221 for a set of fooking forward controls? I'll sell ya a real, cow pasture lay down tested set for half that fooking price. But some idiot will buy a set of those monstrosities,as one is born every fooking minute"

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

readparse 08-09-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc (Post 1267323)
I miss Wolfie on threads like these. "$221 for a set of fooking forward controls? I'll sell ya a real, cow pasture lay down tested set for half that fooking price. But some idiot will buy a set of those monstrosities,as one is born every fooking minute"

You nailed it. Iíve only been around a couple of months, and Iíve seen that reply at least half a dozen times.

OleDirtyDoc 08-09-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readparse (Post 1267325)
You nailed it. Iíve only been around a couple of months, and Iíve seen that reply at least half a dozen times.

I really miss the old man

Drew M. 08-10-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spockster (Post 1267259)
They tried no reserve auctions last year and a couple of sets went for $100, so they quit doing that. Give them some time and they might start taking offers. These things were just over $700 at one point, probably why they've had so many sitting around..

I got one of those "$100" sets. I think it was $80+shipping. I had been looking for something for a long time, but it was either too expensive or I didn't like the look. I love them. I did a write up on them here somewhere. I am 6"0" and I really do think they are amazing. my knees feel so much better now. And on the plus side, they work with the crash bar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc (Post 1267323)

I guess Im that idiot... although I paid less than half price. Wolfie tried to sell me the forwards right off his bike one day. I asked him how he was going to ride without them? He said he had the original sent-up in the garage he would put on there and then make another set of forwards tomorrow. How he said it was so funny, honest, and cavalier, I laughed all the way home.