Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   Whats the trick....?? (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/102258-whats-trick.html)

vulkan 05-28-2018 01:37 PM

Whats the trick....??

OK for the life of me,I aint no lightweight (220) but I cant seem to get this bike on the center stand!! I have tried before a few times...no success.I am worried I will drop/damage my Vulcan.

Knifemaker 05-28-2018 01:50 PM

I had problems too, mostly because I don't weigh much and that I can't bend to pull up.
I had a car ramp I'd back it up on, grab the brake before it rolled down, and got it up stomping in the center stands food tab.
I've heard others have rolled the rear wheel over a 2X6 to obtain the same thing. On my FJR I fashioned a pipe that fit over the foot lever giving me 30" of extra leverage that worked like a charm.

Most are afraid of dropping the bike....get a freind to stand on the other side, stand the bike up straight so BOTH feet of the centerstand touch down as you push it down with your left foot, and at the same time using your right hand (left hand is on the left grip) grab the rail behind the shock and pull up and back. You are trying to roll the bike backwards more than lift up here.
Have your friend do the same on their side (excluding the foot on the stand of course)
Once you do it a few times with help you should be able to do it alone. Unless you have my issues ;)

Spockster 05-28-2018 02:10 PM

I use my right foot on the stand and put all my weight there <---<< the trick.

Left hand on the left grip, just to balance.

Right hand in the triangle of the frame, just under the seat about midway, lift and balance.

Concentrate on getting all your weight onto the centerstand.

edit: My friend is about 150lbs and sets it up for me when my back is parched out.

TonyO 05-28-2018 02:52 PM

Trick is to not try and lift it. Try to push the center stand through the floor with you foot while hanging on to the bike.

vulkan 05-28-2018 03:42 PM

Car ramp...possible,2x6...possible.Friend...aint got none. Keep 'em coming!!Thanks!!

vulkan 05-30-2018 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Success....!!!Now its rainin like hell....so no fix,for now.(Stator/Rectifier)

vulkan 05-30-2018 10:48 AM

Crazy thing,busy Tomm- Thurs and Fri,Sat,Sun and Mon!!

OleDirtyDoc 05-30-2018 09:23 PM

Easy peasy
Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

Goofyfoot2001 06-01-2018 09:45 AM

I just welded up a handle to grab to get my KLR650 on the center stand. The Vulcan was actually easier to get up. They wanted $40 for this little handle. Ridiculous. Anyway, one you get the VN on the stand once or twice, it will be second nature.

vila 06-04-2018 09:42 PM

Trick is to make sure that both feet of the center stand are on the ground basically allowing the bike to balance on them. Then as others have said push down on stand while lifting bike by handle under seat. Very little strength needed if bike is balanced on the stand. I usually do it while still sitting in the bike. Once you feel the balance it really will be easy. Itís all technique and not strength.