Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   VN750 General Discussion (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/)
-   -   "on the third day he rode again" (https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/10174-third-day-he-rode-again.html)

dutter 03-18-2009 10:06 AM

"on the third day he rode again"
 
today was the third day in a row i got to ride into work, this offically starts my riding season. its been 30-32 degrees in the AM & 50-60's in the afternoon. we may get a few cold spells but the riding season has arrived! i hope all you others in cold weather regions gets to ride soon too.

EasyRector 03-18-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutter (Post 88103)
today was the third day in a row i got to ride into work, this offically starts my riding season. its been 30-32 degrees in the AM & 50-60's in the afternoon. we may get a few cold spells but the riding season has arrived! i hope all you others in cold weather regions gets to ride soon too.

As a clergyperson, I thought the title of your post (a sly reference to the Apostles' Creed) was hilarious. Kind of Monty Python-ish... :smiley_th

dutter 03-18-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EasyRector (Post 88164)
As a clergyperson, I thought the title of your post (a sly reference to the Apostles' Creed) was hilarious. Kind of Monty Python-ish... :smiley_th

i tried...the things you think of riding to work.

fendereff 03-18-2009 04:30 PM

Nice! My riding season in about 98% of the year. Good ol Gulf of Mexico warm weather :)

shark88 03-18-2009 04:56 PM

I got out again today here in Central PA, feels real good to be out shifting gears! Picked up some Moly 60 today at our local Honda dealer and it was only $8.95. Now its soon time to do my spline lube and possibly degoat it at the same time.

Old Dog 03-18-2009 05:14 PM

Moly 60 for $8.95, good deal, I gave a small fortune for my moly 70 (no better than 60), I'm thinking something like $35 for 8oz, don't remember if that was plus shipping or included shipping...lol... Maybe you should start selling on the forum forum...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

OlHossCanada 03-18-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 88173)
Moly 60 for $8.95, good deal, I gave a small fortune for my moly 70 (no better than 60), I'm thinking something like $35 for 8oz, don't remember if that was plus shipping or included shipping...lol... Maybe you should start selling on the forum forum...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

$35 for 8 oz is not that bad, just under $4.50 per oz. The moly60 is only a 100 ml or about 3 oz for $8.95= $3 per oz. My cost at the local Honda stealer works out to just over $6 USD per oz.

It`s a good thing a tube should do 3-4 lube jobs. :smiley_th

750Doug 03-19-2009 06:02 AM

Same thing here dutter; back on the road with some more regularity these days. :smiley_th

Old Dog 03-19-2009 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlHossCanada (Post 88204)
$35 for 8 oz is not that bad, just under $4.50 per oz. The moly60 is only a 100 ml or about 3 oz for $8.95= $3 per oz. My cost at the local Honda stealer works out to just over $6 USD per oz.
It`s a good thing a tube should do 3-4 lube jobs. :smiley_th

I had & still have about 1/2 pt of what I beleive is moly (powder) but am not absolutly positive it is... If I had been sure, I would have mixed it with some #2 Red Lucas grease and had a good batch of moly grease for spline lube cheap...lol...
Wish I knew a way to test it...
Thanks and have a good one...Old Dog...

dutter 03-19-2009 09:11 AM

rain and flurries today and a few colder days ahead, drove the dodge in.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome