Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums (https://www.vn750.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.vn750.com/forum/35-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   60 yr young Newbie (https://www.vn750.com/forum/35-new-member-introductions/100922-60-yr-young-newbie.html)

tinnockker 04-01-2018 11:07 AM

60 yr young Newbie

Hello people

Tinnockker here !

Had a Kawasaki 500, three cylinder, when I was a youngster, for maybe two years.
I haven't had a bike since, until yesterday.

Originally i was interested in a 2012 Superglide, but I talked myself out of that, glad I did.
Instead I got a 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan, 13,000 mi, very good condition, much lower price too.
Got the bike from a local motorsports dealer yesterday.
Put a sticker and a plate on it and rode it for the first time at the dealership.

I was very nervous, didn't want the bike to go down right in their lot, and it did not, Yeah!
I made it out of there alive and took the scenic way home, trying to avoid high traffic areas.

I put 70 mi on it yesterday and I did fairly well.
I need allot of work on my low speed maneuvers, stopping and starting tho.

I did get a video "Ride Like a Pro" with Jerry Palladino and have viewed it 3 or 4 times already.
Looking forward to getting out there and practice because my confidence isn't where I want it to be.

Looking to do a few upgrades to the bike.
A crash bar first and secondly a LED upgrade for my headlight.
If you guys / girls have any info on this any help would be appreciated.

On my laptop now but will try to log back in on my I phone and post a pick of my bike!

Thanx

Spockster 04-01-2018 11:21 AM

Welcome to the machine!

I think you need five posts before you'll be able to post pics, so just make four more in this thread.

2003, same year as mine. The best year, has an extra 50hp over other years. And today's date is April 1.

tinnockker 04-01-2018 11:30 AM

50hp
Sweet, didn’t know that 😃

tinnockker 04-01-2018 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There she be 👻

Spockster 04-01-2018 11:49 AM

Maybe they ended the five post requirement.

Looks good, and you already have saddlebag supports and turn signal relocate brackets. The brackets are getting harder to find.

flitecontrol 04-01-2018 05:22 PM

Welcome, youngster. You would probably benefit from the Motorcycle Safety Foundation introductory rider course. They are offered in every state, I believe. Even riders with several years experience have said they learned things in the course. Self, friend/relative taught riders have more accidents than those who receive professional training.

tinnockker 04-01-2018 06:08 PM

Thanx for that info !
I will definitely check into that safety course.

Thorn 04-01-2018 08:57 PM

Welcome aboard, and congratulations!

Birdhunter02 04-01-2018 10:38 PM

Welcome. Your never to young or old to ride. I'm 59 and can't think of a better way to have fun. Lot's to learn here about your bike and a lot of help from the locals. As already mentioned, take the course asap. You'll feel more confident and safer. Enjoy your time here.

Paulywog 04-02-2018 03:16 AM

Welcome. Lots of info here,and a great group willing to help. Mass.... I'm down 395 in eastern CT. Perhaps we can meet up.. good luck,have fun with your new ride.