Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Bought Motorcycle Trunk Tail Box w/Top Rack & Backrest - No idea how to install :)

6K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  belarus94 
#1 ·
Bought Motorcycle Trunk Tail Box w/Top Rack & Backrest - No idea how to install :)

Bought THIS tail box for my 2002 Vulcan 750 and have no idea how to install it. Tried looking online but without luck. If you have an experience dealing with this accessory, please share your thoughts. Not sure if I can install it myself or use bike shop (not even sure what bike shop to use in East Bay).

#2 ·
That is not a direct bolt on item. I'm not really sure how it'd work for our bikes without some modification or additional accessories.

#4 ·
This was posted in the add at the bottom of the page.

You need to have a luggage rack on your bike to install this trunk, if your bike does not have a luggage rack,please ask your local mechanic for help, professional installation recommended.

This Trunk is not custom made for any bikes,please check to ensure if it will fit your bike,Comes with assembly instruction,not installation instruction.Professional installation recommended.

#6 ·
Might be easier to modify another seat without a backrest to fit the vn750.
I believe seats from the vn900's and Mean Streaks, among others, have been modified to fit.
Then you still need a luggage rack to mount the tail box in the proper position.

#7 ·
Yep. Need a luggage rack. I am in the process of making one. I just got a piece of aluminum and cut out each side brace. I am going to get a local shop to weld a plate or some bars across it soon. Doesn't matter what it looks like as it will be covered anyway.

Now, that said, I am looking to get one of those trunks as well. How is the quality???

#8 · (Edited)
Let me know if you still end up needing a luggage rack. I still have the one I made using the same trunk. It mounts to the side rails & is quite sturdy. I'll send you pics if your interested.

Edit: found a photo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.