Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

help a brother out, he could really use the cash!

10K views 62 replies 13 participants last post by  Vulcan2000 
#1 ·
WOLFIE'S WOLF WORKS
A newbie here (sorry but I forget your name) was looking to contact Wolfie about some forward controls or footboards.

I emailed the Wolfman and he said he would be happy to hear from anyone wanting to order parts from him. He could use the money made from his little sideline business as he is living very modestly on a small pension.

here is his email addy
wolfworks58@msn.com

Be patient as he says he only checks his email about once a week nowadays.

I cut and pasted the above ^

he also has this;

I got a near new VN900 seat Id mod for a 750.....$60 plus shipping
I got leather saddlebags, floorboards, FWDs, fenders, coasters, parts, all goin cheep......

I believe he checks his email a little more often now a days.

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Looking for a set of Wolfie's fwd controls

***UPDATE***
Email has been sent.

Love his fwd's. I need 'em. I'll send Wolfie an email, as well.

~ Uncle Dave

#13 ·
I've been in contact with Wolfie

*** UPDATE:***
Forwards have been ordered! :rockon:

He is doing up a custom set of forwards for me. He was ecstatic to be given complete lateral creative freedom to work his wonders on the paint.. I would never try to confine an artist. Can't wait for them to be finished.

Also, he is very thorough on making sure the measurements are correct for you. A true professional.

~Uncle Dave

#14 ·
You won't be disappointed, it's been a year since I rode up to Wolfies so we could build them. Not a problem at all

#16 ·
Goofin.......luckily, he and I are the same height so the build should be pretty straight forward. I've been in e-mail contact with him all week. He is a trip.

He sent me some pics from Strange Days last year. I love all the little touches he has done to modify "Bessie". I am sure there will be no dissappointments here.

Can't wait.

~Uncle Dave

#18 ·
Goofin.......luckily, he and I are the same height so the build should be pretty straight forward. I've been in e-mail contact with him all week. He is a trip.

He sent me some pics from Strange Days last year. I love all the little touches he has done to modify "Bessie". I am sure there will be no dissappointments here.

Can't wait.

~Uncle Dave
thanks again, Uncle Dave and anyone else that is helping Wolfie out.

yeah, Wolfie is a trip, but a good trip! :rockon:

contrary to popular belief on here......Wolfie, really is a good guy.

#26 ·
Wolfie sent me a mock-up teaser of the forwards he's doing up for me. Hopefully this gives other members an idea of his work.

~Uncle Dave

Attachments

#27 ·

there you go

#29 ·
Thanks for pics of the forwards. They look great.

That Vulcan 900 solo seat is still available, new and not even mounted. Wolfie said he'll even mod it to fit a 750.

If anyone needs to get a hold of him, let me know. I don't want to post his number in text form because of spiders that scrape for info to spam, but you can reach him here pretty much any time

v v v

#38 ·
I like how there is a thread dedicated to advertising for a banned member.

#39 · (Edited)
Learn to move on.I recall YOU were also a banned member,now weren't 'cha?i can't believe there are banned members posting here. (Dude we really need a ****ing sarcasm smiley)

#40 ·
I'm basically just saying he should be unbanned if it's come to this. Just have a mod delete any posts they consider outside of the TOS; everyone's happy.

Edit: He probably wouldn't believe I said that, haha

Reactions: minikrew
#42 ·
Why not keep it an open sticky so it can be added to if needed?hell he was a member here and a former moderator. The amount of good he did for this forum far outweighs anything else. Every time i talk to him he asks about someone from the forum. Yea he's an ornery bastard sometimes (;)luvs ya Brother)but he still would give most the shirt off his back if needed and everyone here knows that.come on,its been about a year since he was banned and I have newbies pming me to get in touch with him.we've let others back on for violating tos but that's not my point.up until he got sick everyone loved him,don't you all remember? Hell even Tanner and Wolf were on good terms for a while.people always forget the good and make the bad come out and stick with the person.I've seen it all over and sometimes am guilty as well.we are all people and are technically a social group of sorts.once you are part of a group,even if you leave or are pushed out,you still have left a part and also carry a part of that group.the past is the past and if you keep living in the past you will never be able to move ahead as you are constantly looking behind you.there,my preaching for the day is done

#43 ·
I think it is a sad state of affairs when, because of a few members who got butt-hurt over dealing with someone who actually had balls enough to speak how he felt, others have to know jump on the "ban wagon" and continue to perpetuate the hate and ostracization.

I know I'm new here. Most of you have no clue who I am, or could even care. I'm fine with that. I've been able to garner some great information from these threads, as well as having to wade through some ridiculous BS posts from people who say a lot but actually have nothing of productive value to say.

Hell....I spent damn near 6 hours on the phone with Wolfie last night, and he accelerated my progress on three fronts with just the knowledgable experience that he could rattle off the top of his head. THAT is the reason I join a forum. That is the kind of tribal knowledge that should remain available in a collective forum. If you have to endure a little rough language in order to have some of that potentially life-saving knowledge imparted to you, then so be it. I'm nobody's damn fanboy...i'm just a realist to happen to get in contact with someone who not only help me, but can do the same for others on a larger scale. Someone who HAS, in the past, done just that. I can recognize a beneficial and productive asset when I see one. That is all. As you were.

~ Uncle Dave

#45 ·
the more posts I read by you UD, the more I like you. :rockon:

Unfortunately OD, there are folks here that disagree with you view....

I can't use their words, as I don't have their permission to, but the gist is they believe Wolfie was the worst thing to happen to this forum, not the best.

And I don't want to return to that whole debate.

His contact info is there for those that want it. If this thread is going to stay open, I see no reason to make it a sticky. Actually it doesn't even need to exist ......as I'm sure any new member asking about mods or forward controls will have you or some of the other members to direct them to Wolfies address.
well, KM, I'm sure there are people on both sides of that fence. we all know you can't please everyone. :doh:

I do agree with you about not wanting to return to that whole debate. :dead_hors

but in the end, we are just trying to help someone out, that is in real need of help.

#44 ·
Unfortunately OD, there are folks here that disagree with you view....

I can't use their words, as I don't have their permission to, but the gist is they believe Wolfie was the worst thing to happen to this forum, not the best.

And I don't want to return to that whole debate.

His contact info is there for those that want it. If this thread is going to stay open, I see no reason to make it a sticky. Actually it doesn't even need to exist ......as I'm sure any new member asking about mods or forward controls will have you or some of the other members to direct them to Wolfies address.

#47 ·
How many mods we have now?5-6?Wolfie was ONE.ask Angell how tough that is.any mods wanna try it alone?that's all I'm saying on the subject as everyone knows where I stand.

#50 ·
Skimmed the TOS, didn't think there was anything that covered re-registration, but...

Deliberate attempts by you or someone on your behalf to evade or circumvent your suspension or termination of your rights to use the Forum violates these Terms of Service, constitutes an unlawful trespass to VerticalScope Inc. equipment and systems, and may result in legal action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.