Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Chrome fenders for Vulcan?

4K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  wpilgrim 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
If you look close on the pics, it looks like the rear is chrome too.

#6 ·
There were some with Factory chrome front fenders made for over seas.
I do believe that the front fender from a 400 will fit and they were chrome.
I have not tried just eye balled the fit.

#7 ·
It`s a nice looking bike, but his "buy now" price of $4,875, seems a bit optimistic to me. He`s not even getting any bites at the minimum bid of $3,000, and the auction closes on Tuesday.

Did anyone else read through the ebay ad copy. He says it requires 91 octane gas minimum and the crankcase holds 6 quarts of oil. The spec sheet in the Clymer manual says 87[(R+M)/2 method] or 91 or higher octane. I read an article in Popular Mechanics Magazine a year or two ago, that explained what the (R+M)/2 method means, and that is what the numbers on the service station fuel pumps refer to.

There have been a few threads over the past 8 months that I have been frequenting this site, that make it clear that we only need to use 87 octane gas. IIRC The lighter , more volatile molecules found in the higher octane fuels, tend to evaporate if the bike is left standing for long periods, and the remaining fuel can leave deposits and gum up the fuel system and carbs worse than the cheaper 87 octane fuel does.

Why he states the crankcase holds 6 quarts of oil is a mystery to me. The crankcase has 4 liters molded into it by the filler opening, but many member here say it is full with a cup or two less than that. If you change the filter, it will take the 4 liters I believe.

#8 ·
It`s a nice looking bike, but his "buy now" price of $4,875, seems a bit optimistic to me. He`s not even getting any bites at the minimum bid of $3,000, and the auction closes on Tuesday.
Especially with 52,200 miles!

Also, with having a lead acid battery, he surly has never been to this forum!!
It does look to be in nice condition, but those flame stickers don't look right on there!

#10 ·
He's an aircraft mechanic and lets the stealership do all maintenance and repairs? Doesn't add up!

#15 ·
I think he works on R/C planes. :doh:

#11 ·
$4,875 for a 2000 model with 52,200 miles. Who is he kidding. Where is the gold plating on the bike? I have a 2006 I am tring to sell with 13,000 miles and many extras for $4,000 but so for no takers. I guess it is the economy and unemployment which may have some effect on the ability of people to buy. Bike is still for sale.

#12 ·
I think the economy is also why people are asking what seems to be just about outrageous amounts for bikes.
Being cheaper on fuel mileage some people would be willing to spend top dollar on used bikes to save money in the long run. But with some of the prices people are asking, it would make more sense to buy new.

#14 ·
Did they legalize pot in California already? I like how he describes it as "MINT" then in a little paragraph near the bottom he says he dropped it on the driveway and it has several scratches that would be easy to buff out! This guy has a great imagination with those prices!:rockon:

#19 · (Edited)
"Forged aluminum alloy wheels...."

that made me laugh. Wheels are cast aren't they?

I think he went through alot of trouble trying to make the bike seem more important than it really is, but , he did accomplish that.

I don't think he knows jack about motorcycles, and I at first I thought the whole thing was a scam and he doesn't even have the bike.

Chrome fenders were standared on some non US models. Can't remember what years.
KM

#20 ·
Didn't the "Jackass" Edition come with "Forged' wheels? :doh: LOL

#21 ·
And he still puts the bridgestone tires on there? Even my kawi dealer said to go with the Metzelers before factory. And he went through the effort to re-jet but didn't loose the ears. This guy is looney.
I think this a my wife wants me to sell so i am posting it higher then its worth so i can be like sorry honey nobody wants to buy it guess i have to keep it.
It does look nice though for that many miles and the age. Wish my 2000 was that clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.