Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Bleeding Hydraulic Adjuster - Tech Tip

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  jthill524 
#1 ·
Oh Guys and Gals........

A little tip for the ones who decide to take this chore on.

You need some Kerosene to do this in.

The easest & Cheapest way to get some is head to your local Wal-mart or K-mart or .98/.99/1.00 store and pick-up a bottle of your favorite Color/Scented Lamp Oil.

Until Next Time............

#3 ·
...and what is this for???

#4 ·
Kerosene...??? Us ******** call that coal oil...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

#6 ·
Why would I want to bleed my hydrolic adjusters? Aren't they by design, "self bleeding" (provided you put oil in them to start with)

And everyone was right, except perhaps Old Dog, as "coal oil" is not the same thing:

"Coal oil is a specific oil shale oil used for illuminating purposes. It is sometimes confused with kerosene or lamp oil, but coal oil is obtained from the destructive distillation of cannel coal, mineral wax, and bituminous shale, and hence called coal oil. A special type of coal known as cannel coal (classified also as terrestrial type of oil shale) is required to produce it."

(but ******** call everything odd or improper names...;) )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerosene

KM

#7 ·
And everyone was right, except perhaps Old Dog, as "coal oil" is not the same thing:
(but ******** call everything odd or improper names...;) )
KM
Now you'r a getten the picther...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

#11 ·
I've never been able to get the lifters to bleed in a way that I was comfortable with - put 'em in kerosene, bubbles come up indicating the air is working its way out, but still haven't gotten the movement on the lifters that seems correct afterwards. What have I been doing wrong??

#12 ·
i put a lil drift punc in and wiggled for a min or 2... everything seems to work perfectly i also filled the holes they go in with oil befor i put them in... but was happy with the resaults no valve noise after the install

#13 ·
This is what I found to work best at bleeding the valve. It's a piece of left-over seat repair wire. It's stiff like spring steel.

If you need a piece send me your address and send one to you.
Took me less than 10 min to bleed them.

#14 ·
Jay I have that kind of wire. What did you do with it?

Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.