Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Smoke & Burning Smell
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
FlaRider

Exclamation Smoke & Burning Smell

Howdy Y'all --

I put Seafoam in the gas tank and let the bike idle for a while before putting Mr. Spock to bed. After few minutes I noticed smoke coming from the area just behind the engine and in front of the battery. I also smelled something burning. The smoke and smell scared me because earlier I had fuel on the floor from the carb problem.

I immediately shut off the bike and investigated. I followed the smoke as closely as I could and I think I found the culprit (pic atch). It looks like a hose made of some kind of fiber attached to what I think may be part of the unnecessary emissions system but I'm not sure. The screw driver is pointing at a white spot that looks like a burned/charred mark. I don't understand how this hose could burn because it doesn't appear to get too hot. Could somehow some of the gas that leaked out earlier today caused it to ignite?

Can I remove this hose? Do I need to cap or plug something else?

BTW, this last gremlin attack ocurred prior to installing the bell. Hopefully, the bell will disperse any future gremlins.

Thanx!

Last edited by FlaRider; 01-23-2010 at 10:23 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome