Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

God gave me a vision

4K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  mrseedsower 
#1 ·
Ok I have had issues with my starter, battery and other things that prevented my bike from cranking. Last night I went to crank it and it wouldn't turn over so I just put the battery charger on the battery. Still no cranky. Finally I told the Lord that I had no clue what was causing this.

In the bible it says, to commit your works to the Lord and He will establish your plans or thoughts Proverb 16:3. Today I fell asleep and when I woke up I realized I had a dream about my bike. I dreamed that because the petcock was leaking in the vacuum line that the cylinder filled up with gas.

So I went out and took the spark plug out and disconnected the other side and hit the starter. I bet 1/4 gallon of gas came out of the cylinder and shot across the yard. I also am glad He showed me to disconnect the other side as I would have had a fire on my hand. Wow it was so cool the dream came true.

Now to get a new petcock and finally be able to ride for more than a day. The cylinder getting too much gas could be why I was having massive backfire and hard starting as it is fouling out my spark plug. Actually surprised it ran.

#3 ·
The Petcock

I think you are going in the right direction. You may want to try the Yamaha TW200. It fits well. Just bolt it on. Some guys have modified it a little but I did it with a T fitting. Just search TW200 in the forum and you will get all the information .

#5 ·
that is the route I am going. I am purchasing from a USA seller vs the China ones in case something is wrong I don't have to ship it all the way around the world to get it replaced. Also the first one will ship to me faster than those from China.

I am going to put a T fitting in mine too.

#10 ·
true story chuck but if you have the petcock i do from way back in 86 it doesnt have an off position so i gotta keep my petcock in good shape

#11 ·
If your float is working you should never have to turn off your petcock and by the way, when I was a head down 'C' programmer long ago, I would figure out problems in my sleep all the time. I'd write whole procedures. It was weird as hell.

#14 ·
Yep. I've solved engineering problems, came up with designs, and figured out other mechinical crap all in my sleep. Your brain still works then, and your mind can be much more clear of pesky "thoughts" that hinder out of the box problem solving. Nothing divine there.

Anyway.....I think I'd get a new filter if I had gas in my oil....

#23 ·
well crowley was right. There wasn't much but there was gas in the oil. I am letting it drain to the last drop and replacing oil filter with the oil. I guess the residue of gas will be ok in the engine. I am planning on putting a little seafoam in the oil a few weeks after riding and rechange the oil again along with the oil filter.

Found a bikemaster OEM oil filter at the Kawasaki dealership for $7.75 that was better than the last time I bought one. Can't find a cap wrench oil filter for these oil filters tho.

#28 ·
Ok I figured it up. I got $35.00 in the purchase of the bike which was actually a trade where I traded the guy for a Line 6 Spider IV amp. Then mirrors, blinkers(all four), battery, spark plugs, front tire, petcock (tw200), air filters (stock), various bolts, floorboards for passenger, lube, oil filters (2) and other things I am leaving out I am sure was $404.48 so for a total of $439.48 is not too bad for a 1993 VN750.

I am not going to move the stuff where the goat causes issues but get Cobra or V&H pipes which will be more.I am also going to make the mod on the foot pegs that Barry showed on Facebook and put on a VN900 seat that tofer76 posted on Facebook.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.