Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - custom highway pegs
View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 10:44 PM
pmassey31545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
First I think you need to decide if you want highway pegs or forward controls. There is a bit of a difference. Pegs are pretty easy to add to the crash bar and forwards are very expensive unless you fabricate them yourself. That is not overly difficult if you have access to a few tools such as a good torch for high heat and a decent arbor press. Most of the other tools required are basic and in most backyard mechanic shops. Several items are available right off the shelf from industrial supply houses like Grainger and such. They can be very professional in looks and quality. Add any finish you want and they bolt right on. I helped make a few sets about two years ago and they were great.
Well, at 6ft-3in I think I need both. This bike wasn't really built for tall folk. If I could either move the controls forward 3-4 inches OR move my floorboards down an inch or 2-either would work. But I don't like riding with my knees level with the top of the gas tank.

As for the torch-don't have one. And not even sure what an arbor press is....but I will know I a few.

2005 Vulcan 1500 Classic FI

Previous bike: 2002 Vulcan 750

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome