Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Anyone used KBS coatings?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  OlHossCanada 
#1 ·
#2 ·
First I've heard of the stuff. Anything would be better than Kream, I'd think, but I'd prolly still go with the electrical process mentioned elsewhere, myself.

Jim

#3 ·
Can't say I have but reading the Discription has me confused. I'll highlight where..........

Gold Standard Fuel Tank Sealer is specifically formulated to stop rust and corrosion by forming a tough, fuel impervious coating while simultaneously sealing small pinholes and weld seams.

This kit contains our KBS AquaKlean (a water-based, heavy-duty, cleaner/degreaser) and KBS RustBlast (a powerful rust remover/metal etch) to obtain a permanently sealed, rust-free fuel tank. These KBS prep products are formulated with a unique Oxygen-Block Technology which reduces the occurrence of flash rust by over 80% and extends rust-free storage times by leaving a temporary protective coating in addition to a zinc phosphate film.

So is it permanent or temporary???

#5 · (Edited)
The temporary coating is just to protect the metal while the process is being done. Once dry , the coating itself becomes the rust protector.

"These KBS prep products are formulated with a unique Oxygen-Block Technology which reduces the occurrence of flash rust by over 80% and extends rust-free storage times by leaving a temporary protective coating in addition to a zinc phosphate film."

You all highlighted the wrong words....lol

Another new one on the market is Stampede tank liner :
http://tinyurl.com/dlf7dm

(well has been used industrialy for 20 years, now available for motorcycle tanks )

KM

#9 ·
Nope....... because it also says....

This kit contains our KBS AquaKlean (a water-based, heavy-duty, cleaner/degreaser) and KBS RustBlast (a powerful rust remover/metal etch) to obtain a permanently sealed, rust-free fuel tank. These KBS

So adding These KBS prep products....

Makes Me still ask the question.
Is it permanent or temporary?

Because if This Kit contains just a Prep Product then it's not a finish/ing product.

#7 ·
Do you have any rust in the tank now?
Go into the Verses, down close to the bottom of the table of contents, and read the 2 or 3 threads on removing rust from a tank, and the electrolysis method for sealing the tank.

Then you have enough info to compare the KBS kit, and decide which you want to do, if any is needed.

#8 ·
Pardon my newb-ness, but where are the Verses? (Presumably the Vulcan Verses.) I've heard of them. Aren't they on the VN750 Yahoo group or am I mistaken?

#11 · (Edited)
Pardon my newb-ness, but where are the Verses? (Presumably the Vulcan Verses.) I've heard of them. Aren't they on the VN750 Yahoo group or am I mistaken?
The Vulcan Verses is the last technical Forum, down toward the bottom of the list. They are on the Yahoo group too.

The rust in tank threads are in the CARBS AND FUEL section of the verses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.