Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Tale of the Forks
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
750Doug
Members who have donated towards server costs

Yeah Lance, I hear you. One of my dust seals was just wiped out, and let water into the oil seal area. The oil seal, and it's retainer ring wear pretty well corroded into the fork tube, so it took alot of effort to separate and that's part of how I ended up flinging parts; I had to pull on the tube so hard that when they separated they came very far apart when the seal finally let go.

The second tube I laid a big towel over everything so the parts wouldn't fling, and saved a bunch of time right there.

As far as the fluid goes, in the Verses, somebody wrote up which fluid works best for rider weight, so I went by that. (15W if your 185lbs or more) and then just used the Bel-Ray because it's the most talked about around here.

I think I might just change me fluid again at the end of summer after letting this stuff rinse away any thing I may have missed, as changing the fluid can be done without any drama.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome