Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Good soap to get the grim off!

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  LibertyPilot 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as a really good soap spray on type that will remove all the road grim and maybe build up oil,or just plain old grimmygreese junk on the bottom of the bike and wheels. Spray on hose off is what im really looking for. Something i dont have to spend hours scrubbing to make things come clean... or am i just dreaming of such a product?:motorcycl

#2 ·
Most folks I know that use a hose ( arrrgh..sacreligous as it might be..) use this stuff called "Simple Green" or "Simply Green" and say the stuff is the shizzle. You do have to remember to rinse it off good, as there were a few reports of it discoloring aluminun if left on for along time.

Dawn dish detergent works well too, but will remove wax, so you have to re-wax after cleaning.

I just buy Honda spray polish by the case and keep the garden hose for watering the lawn...............

KM

#7 · (Edited)
I use the same stuff you'd use on a car but it has tiny breakable beads of wax already in it. I gave her a bath last week and she came up better than when I got her, looked brand new. I got a PM complementing me on the look of the blue paint on our bikes. I worked at it though, I was meticulous and careful and used lots of good old fashioned elbow grease, especially when drying her. I got in all the hard to reach places. Afterward I went back in the house, put all the stuff away, hung out with the girlfriend for a bit, came back outside to put her away and when I saw her I was blown away! The sun was out and she was literally sparkling. I had to take her out for a quick spin, couldn't resist. My opinion: go big or go home. Elbow grease and time spent doing it right really pays off...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.