Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

tires

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  rsavant 
#1 ·
anyone here have any input on bridgestone exedra g526 tires for our bikes

#2 ·
None other than that's what was on my bike when I got it. Have no complaints with them.

#3 ·
If you replace the rear tire be sure to pull the final drive unit and check splines unless you've already done that.

#4 ·
Hey, if your interested, I have a set of tire & wheels I'm selling. I could even deliver them to pitspurg if you met me at Robinson town center mall.
the wife & I are always looking for an excuse to go.
if your interested, I'll let you know what brand they are. The tread is exellent. I can send pics.
$150 for both.

#6 ·
Watch out Steve, he thinks your name is Katie! :)

"Katie" is his bike's name...

Check out the vulcan verses section on this site, it'll help you learn a ton about these bikes... Definitely lube the splines, check your stator charging voltage...

#7 ·
That's happened once before. A guy posted something and I tried to help. He sent a PM to "Katie" thanking me, I PM 'd back to tell him Katie was my bike's name but I never heard from him and he hasn't posted again! Maybe he was embarrassed.

#9 ·
If you are going to change the tires yourself ,which I highly recommend, remember the zip tie trick but another think I figured out is use wratchet straps every two segments to stop the tire from popping out of the rim as you work your way around putting it on. Makes it really easy to put on. I need to video this the next set I put on this spring. Going to put dual sports on the sportster.

#10 ·
I got 11,000 miles out of a set. I live in central NY. The last 500 miles the tread got to be near slick. i just bought a set of Pirelli MT66 to put on. We'll see how they stack up.

#15 ·
That would do it but Katie and I are pretty tight so I trust her. Doesn't mean I don't keep an eye on her though. She can get a little frisky sometimes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.