Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - How many miles per day to schedule for a (first) long road trip?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
robardin
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
If you're stopping by Philly again let me know. ... I gotta say that one thing I would've made you do is get a Pat's and a Geno's steak. Congrats on already doing that, you're halfway to being an honorary Philadelphian! Which did you prefer by the way? I'm a Pat's guy myself, wizz with.
Heh. I've been to Philly 2 or 3 times in the past 5-6 years, have seen most of the tourist things (Liberty Bell, Vet Memorial) and even took the Ducks tour with my kids. I haven't done the Pat's/Geno's throwdown thing yet, though; the only Philly Cheesesteaks I've had in Philly itself so far has been from a stall in the Reading Terminal Market near the convention center, which I don't think is affiliated with either Pat's or Geno's (though they did have some kind of flyer giving some kind of linear descent from one of them). The Ducks tour did go by Pat's and Geno's but alas, we couldn't get off to order.

I have to say that I'm not crazy about the idea of Cheez Wiz. I'd rather have mushrooms and onions, provolone and hot sauce. But I suppose that'd be the equivalent of asking for a chili dog at Nathan's in Coney Island. When in Philly, do as the Phanatic would do, eh? (I hope my Mets-decaled bike won't get tipped over! )

ETA: I looked the place up, it is (or was) Rick's Steaks in Reading Market, which a news article turned up via Google says closed last October .

"Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea." (Despair.com)

Last edited by robardin; 03-24-2009 at 10:04 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome