Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Replace dash lights with led?

5K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  denny6006 
#1 ·
Title says it all. Can it be done? Electrically, I have no clue.

I think the stock bulbs take more power than an led, so you would have to have a resistor in line?

#13 ·
how did you get it apart and did you break anything while doing so

#7 ·
Where did you get the bulbs and what colors do they come in? I need to change several lights out on my dash.

#6 ·
if they are automotive wedge base, as long as they are the right size, they are plug and play. some will only work one way, some will work either (depends on the LED itself, wether or not its wired internally to make non-polarity sensitive.) if you plug one in, and it don't work, just turn it around. they are usually not harmed by reverse polarity

#15 ·
I bought a new digital voltmeter to replace that lying analog one and it is lit in blue as is my radio. I am wanting to replace the white lights in my tach with blue LED as well as the ones in the speedo . I wonder how much that blue light will affect my night vision . I figure as long as they aren't flashing behind me I'll be good to go, those make me nervous.:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.