Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Here She Is
Thread: Here She Is
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2014, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
01fxdxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdhunter02 View Post
Nice. Did you check the splines?
No,it needs new tires and if I would have removed the rear wheel,I would have. The owner's wife was offered $100 for it and told the motor had seized.I shifted it to top gear and with plugs in showed her that it wasn't.I offered to clean it up a bit and get it running.Initially I was given $100 toward needed things.I was thinking battery,oil and filter at least.Usuallly you find carb bowls filled with crap .I thought I was going to have to wrestle with dirty carbs.I was very surprised there was no fuel(remains) in bowls.But,the first thing I did was check the air filters,and they were no longer foam,more like foam mush.I got some Emgo replacements for $11 each, shipped.
The chrome and paint was cleaning up better than I thought it would.One front signal was broken ,the other cracked badly.I found a new replacement on Ebay for $13 shipped-great price.While working on the rest of the bike,the other signal broke in half,must be made of the same cheese the air filters were made from.Found another on Amazon for $20.
Bike needed fork dust shields(hard to find aftermarket) but the seals themselves were not leaking,so I changed the fork oil.
In the end I spent $180 for all parts and oil to get to where it is.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome