Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Speed does kill
Thread: Speed does kill
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 01:35 PM
OlHossCanada
Linkmeister Supreme

Thanks for the reminder Amsoil Man. That`s a very graphic series of images to keep in mind. I was talking to a nurse at the hospital yesterday, who has a 19 year old son that has been dirt biking for about 14-15 years. He now wants to get a street bike and it scares his mother half to death. After seeing this set of pics, it brings home again how real the danger she fears is.

It seems that the majority of members that post here regularly are in middle age or older. So maybe most of us have gotten past the time when we felt ten feet tall and bullet proof. There are many examples of riders on race tracks surviving accidents, at speeds as high as the young man who hit the car in the photos was travelling, and walking away from it. But they don`t have to worry about cars at intersections crossing in front of them, and there are softer barriers to hit when they do go down.

I know that I have said this before, but if any of us feel a need for this kind of speed, or you have younger family or friends who do, please find a track club where you can do it without putting yourself or members of the public in danger on the highway. Let`s help the young riders live to be old riders.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome