Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - GPS Question-Garmin Nuvi 200 vs 500 ??
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Old Dog
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck69 View Post
As far as battery life, the draw of a gps is nothing on the vulcans system providing you don't have extras now.
I run my GPS on the tank unpowered except for its own battery and charge when needed via cigarette lighter plug on the bike or home 110v & adapter... The main things I was after on the 500 that the 200 lacks is the ability to route and the water proofing, the extra battery life would be a bonus also...I just don't like the way the 200 and standard GPSs try to take me on the main routes (Interstates & 4-Lanes etc.) all the time and think the ability to route would cure that problem and guide me through the mountain twisties etc....
I don't know yet but I may go with the Garmin Nuvi 500 and hope I am not dissapointed... Broadway Photo has it for $303 & free shipping... That is about as cheap as I have found it from a fairly trustworthy sourse...
PS-Oooops, just a day later and I went back to the Broadway site and the Nuvi 500 is now $293, $10 less than the yesterday....
Thanks and have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...

Last edited by Old Dog; 01-31-2009 at 11:31 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome