Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Any advice on a good bug shield?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Knifemaker 
#1 ·
Riding at night in south central Kentucky without a windshield is next to impossible this time of year unless you like being carpet bombed in the face and neck with bugs. I really like the wind and dread the thought of installing a windshield. Anybody tried one of the bug shields? Any ideas on a small wind shield that won't stop all the wind but will deflect the bugs without directing all the wind slam in your face? I searched the posts but didn't see anything that answers my question. I am 6 foot 1 inch tall.

#2 · (Edited)
Memphis shades aren't bad for the price. Easy to install and remove if needed. depends on how big you wanna go. I have one on mine. I'll try to get a pic

#4 ·
thanks, I want to stay small as possible. those tiny bug shields look ok but I wonder if they work.

#5 ·
yours looks good, is that the smallest they make?

#6 ·
#10 ·
#7 ·
Look on eBay, I found one locally and it did a decent job. I went with a full size one so I could extend my riding season

#11 ·
be sure to show pictures of what you get.

#12 · (Edited)
Small screens will keep bugs off your chest but if the wind is still hitting your faceshield ....do will the bugs. Tiny tiny ones might get blown off course but the ones that go SPLAT will still seem to be on a kamikaze mission to your face.
If you get a small screen make sure it's still talll enough to duck behind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.