Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

My stator fried on me

7K views 65 replies 10 participants last post by  WilliamTech 
#1 ·
Hello all, Im new to this forum, I stumbled apon it by chance while looking for info on my bike. With that being said I need help with the purchase of a new stator and R/R. Ive allready checked it and found it to be bad, just need to know what you guys would spend your money on to replace yours with as I have heard the factory oem parts arnt that great and I would rather spend my money on better qaulity parts, but Im not sure who or what or where to look for them. Can you guys help me out? Thank you much.

#3 · (Edited)
Like Slim stated....definitely TP....dont go for those Ebay junkers....remove yours over winter...and Tim will send you back a gem before spring.....well worth the wait for a rebuild.....you'll never have an issue again, and will even be able to run more electrics if you slave it with an updaded MOSFET R/R....and Id suggest that if running a TP.....you can then run aux lights, stereo, etc.....

Search Slim's older posts for a compatible MOSFET....or just PM him.....

#4 ·
Thank you guys, I'm really not looking to wait to have my stator rebuilt, I'm looking to buy and reinstall right away. Does he have what I need on a shelf ready to ship? Or is only a place to rebuild? Here in Texas we ride a lot in winter so I need to get it fixed right away. Thank you, are there other options? Other venders?

#5 ·
You gotta email him and ask. When I bought mine from him 3 weeks ago he said he had four on the shelf ready to go. I just installed it this past weekend and can't be happier.

Be warned though... he does not respond to emails timely if at all. He sure sends the PayPal invoice quickly, but expect to wait a week or two for your new stator. It's worth the wait though, especially for the quality and price.

#8 ·
Think he was referring to the wiring harness kit they sell for the MOSFET R/R's. They don't come with two 3 pin connectors, just one six pin.

#24 · (Edited)
Thank you much, I am now the proud owner of a used R/R. Is it normal for Tim to not answer emails right away? I've sent an email, text and called him with no luck. I really need to make my order with him and don't really know how to order, as in which stator I should get. I'm assuming I need a rebuilt? I'm not 100% sure.

#30 ·
slim I guess im either blind, or just a normal dumb arse but I cannot seem to find the install kit from roadstercycle.com I orderd the super harness thinking it was the one I needed and sure enough it doesnt fit my R?R that I orderd on ebay. Im not sure what to do now? Ive either got an R?R or a super harness that I cant use, does he make a universal plug that will fit both ends? Ive sent him an email and waiting on his responce, was wanting to do the install this weekend but dont see it being 100% completed until I can figure out what to do. Would it be possible for you to give me a link to the install kit you used? Ive looked his website over and im not seeing it.

Thank you much
Scott

#31 ·
On the balancer dampers, I went ahead and got them. I don't plan on pulling the engine again. I have paid for the stator, but it has been over 2 weeks, nothing yet. He said he already had one in stock. I'm not taking the engine apart until it gets here.

#32 ·
ok, what are the balance dampers? Ive looked into it some, havent found a lot about it, I dont know what they are, what they look like, or where to get them! Nor do I know how much they are. Can you fill me in on some of the details of it please?

#33 · (Edited)
Balance Dampers are inserted into/onto the balance Gear. 3 +2 = 5 Balance Dampers.....I paid $40.00 from Ron Ayers (slow on shipping times).
The balance Gear is accessible behind the Stator & Balance Gear cover (engine pull required).....
Balance gear is secured with a Left-Hand threaded bolt.....torqued to 51 ft lbs !
Mine went out @ 13K miles.....others report double or triple my miles....I believe proper Oil Changes/Proper Oil and frequent riding vs bike sitting for extended months, cause premature destruction of RUBBER Dampers....jmo.

hth
:smiley_th

#34 ·
My stator finally came in today. Looks good. Now begins the slow process of putting everything back together. Should take about 2 weeks. Off and on. Have a few other things to do to it as well.

No way would I put that engine back in without replacing those dampers. I haven't even seen mine yet, I ordered new ones even before pulling the engine. After 12 years and 92,000 miles I'm not taking any chances.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/kaw/500b253df8700223e478e824/crankshaft

They are part#s 92075-1747 and 92075A-1749

#35 ·
Gee whiz! Man those little buggers arnt cheap! 63.28 with shipping.Man Im scared to ask what else needs to be replaced at this point.My wife is none to happy with this repair right now. Guess im gonna bite the bullet and do it, I really dont want to have to pull the engine again any time soon.

#36 · (Edited)
Gee whiz! Man those little buggers aren't cheap! 63.28 with shipping.Man Im scared to ask what else needs to be replaced at this point.My wife is none to happy with this repair right now. Guess im gonna bite the bullet and do it, I really dont want to have to pull the engine again any time soon.
18 + months ago, I paid $40.00 for all 5 (3+2=5) from Ron Ayers (combined shipping with other parts) .....check multiple part sites !
Google the part numbers.
....just sayin'

:smiley_th

#38 ·
ok, got the engine pulled out tonight! Man what a pain it was, Im really concerned about the install of it now. once out and engine up on the work bench I removeed the stator cover and sure enough there it is all fried up.

I did find another problem and not sure it could have been the root problem here or not? I found that the wire lead for the pick up coild were burned from being resting on the engine or exaust or something. Not sure if they need to be replaced or not?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.