Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Saving my bacon
Thread: Saving my bacon
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
blackomen

Saving my bacon

This site has saved me quite a bit of time and trouble with my Vulcan. The other day it was cutting off randomly. I did some research here and checked the harness connections under the tank. The ignition switch harness was loose and a couple other wires had nicks. It was still cutting off afterwards and checked back on here and figured out to clean the ignition puck. Which I promptly put the three dot copper deal back in backwards. So, I had to take it back apart and then it was fine. No more trouble with that.

Though this morning on the way to work the "pull" throttle cable snapped. I took the push one and moved it over to pull duty. Probably 5 minutes on the side of the road. An older gent on a newer wing stopped to see if he could offer a hand.

Nothing major has gone wrong with it so far, all these little maintenance things will get cycled through. New throttle cable is supposed to be here on Wednesday, can't wait. I definitely like the feel of the throttle a little better with both cables.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Silvia
1986 VN750
MCCT's
Relocated R/R
Rick's stator
Windshield
Heated grips
Accessory socket on handlebars
voltmeter
dark side nexen SB802 165/80R15
lubed splines