Ubertalldude's Build - Cost & Pics - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Ubertalldude's Build - Cost & Pics

Build so far! Test post for now, will update with description/story in a bit!

Higher quality pics: http://imgur.com/gallery/wqX6S

since I got the bike, I've given it (in approximately chronological order)

copper plugs, wires, rotella, f brakepads, Shinko 230 tires, spline lube (Honda M70), final drive oil, oil cap*, rebuilt carbs and rejetted 42/142 + 1 needle shim, earshaved UniPK92, custom highway bars, Kinfemaker dash w/USB charger & voltmeter, green LED's along upper frame rail, JBwelded MCCT conversions, Slipstreamer S03 windshield, balance dampers, stator cleaned, MOSFER R/R, black engine paint, iridium plugs, diagnosed charging (MOSFET yields 14v @ idle occasionally, sometimes 12.5, consistent 13.8v+ while running. Will likely switch to SH775 R/R soon), crappy Emgo mirrors

*one time when I was test riding the motorcycle I started smelling and being sprayed by oil. I looked down to see that I had not fastened the oil fill cap all the way and the crankcase was having good fun spitting at me. I pulled over and hitched a ride home, grabbed my car, ran to homedepot, and grabbed some chair/table tube end cap feet rubber things and a roll of duct tape. I plugged the oil cap hole with the rubber foot and secured it around the stator case with duct tape and ran it home at idle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moto pic.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	39641   Click image for larger version

Name:	moto costs.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	39649  

Earshave+Rejet (38/135) NGK Iridiums MCCT Conversion Slipstreamer S03 Windshield Custom Extended Backrest Custom Highway Bars MOSFET R/R LED Underglow Volt+USB In-Dash Two-Wire & Blue-Wire Mod Satin Black Engine Paint Dampers Parts - Jets: Main=99101-393(#132 stock)/Pilot=n424-22 Pilot(#38 stock)

Last edited by ubertalldude; 07-22-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement