Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

handlebar swap

9K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  DenverDiesel 
#1 ·
So I am thinking of putting new grips on and possibly a different handlebar. My biggest issue with the stock one is how far back it comes. I don't mind the looks of it, just need a little closer to the front of the bike. So with this in mind, I am looking for handlebars that will accept all the stock cables and mounts. Anybody have part numbers or pictures of what they used?

#2 ·
Part number in my signature. I did swap the clutch cable though, and may swap the brake line around later too (works fine as is).

#6 ·
Oh are you posting via mobile? My signature is what lists all the parts under each of my posts.

Emgo 23-92411 Handlebars

is the bars I run - Black. I used the clutch cable of a 77-80 KZ1000 Ltd

#13 ·
This is actually really interesting to me.

I have aftermarket bars on mine and the clutch cable is way too long.
Ive been trying to find a custom clutch cable but for an 87 vulcan.. well..

Was the KZ1000 clutch cable a direct match? Do you by any chance know
what the difference was in the length? I may be able to do this on mine.

Thanks!

#8 ·
Hi there I know it's and old post but I'm going to do your handle bar swap here soon and I was just wondering if there was any drilling you had to do on the new bars to get the Controls to fit, and if you have to get any new throttle cables along with the clutch cable and if you ever ended up changing the brake cable?

#9 ·
No drilling, just need the clutch cable I mentioned above.

I am eventually replacing my brake lines, but not because of the bars.

#10 ·
So I just got the bars I. Today and I ran into the problem of mounting the old controls, they have dimples on the inner part of the Controls and the fit right into a hole of the old handle bars, did you run into this problem? And did you just cut those dimples out or put new holes in the bars to accommodate for the old controls

#11 ·
I was replacing the controls with ones off another VN (mine were all sun faded) that already had them broken off. I get no issue with slippage

#17 ·
Do report back on how it works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.