Started with a stator exhange - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Started with a stator exhange

Got a 89 vn couple of weeks ago and found out in couple of days it didnt charge the battery,thought i solved it but ended at a local dealer and got him to test it,verdict new stator and regulator
Got the dealer to order the parts for me and ended with an universal stator for kawasaki as he called it,engine out and in with new part and testing,that didnt last long the so called universal stator ruined the flywheel becourse it was to big and stator also died
My own fault never by parts from a danish dealer and this was the first time in several years i supported one,but it will be century`s before i make same mistake again.
While waiting for new parts from germany i got to looke a litle at the bike
Pics will come when i made 5 posts in here,be working on that now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Due to start with electrical problems i have named it troublemaker

When i got it she was all stock,but thats about to change !
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

I like loud noise so first i did the de goat on her with 2 flex exhaust couplers for cars,works ok and it was damm simple to do.
Now i hate having passengers on my bike so naturally i have to go single seater,i cut out about 1/3 in the midle of the rearfender and welded it back together again,spray can painted it glossy black and tommorrow when its dried i will mount a led light insted of stock rear lights,i got a small single led light with license rear and brake light and blinkers in it,pics come tommorow when its done.
Naturally the frame is now a little bit to long in the rear so i have to cut it and then weld up the openings in the frame,now it lookes like this

I have painted it but again only spraycan,i will take the bike apart during winter so frame and small parts can be powder coatet and tank fenders and other bits can be sent to the paintshop to be painted properly.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Its a project in work so not sure how its going to looke when done,i like black so naturally the engine got some paint also after i added the new stator and flywheel from germany today,when the paint have hardened by tommorow i will polish the valve covers and cooling ribs on the cylinders,there shouldt be a complete polished stainless screw and bolt kit on the way for the motor from fleabay germany to brighten it up a tad,sofar it lookes like this

I just tested some new polish wax i got on the fork and now its a little more shiny
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Im not a big fan of high handlebars and specially not apehangers,so naturally i going for drag bar style,only slight bend in the ends and 40 inches wide
I bought a riser kit to clear the tank,not sure if its enough around 2 inches but i really would like to kep it loooow so not sure if it will stay and i just have to live with a bigger turning radius ?
Painted the clutch lever and masterbrake cylinder glossy black and bought a highway hawk chrome lid for the master brake fluid container,more pics tommorow
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Didnt got any more work done today after a friend turned up on his new toy

I had to cut his exhaust into pieces to remove the cat and exhaust valve and weld it back together again so he couldt get a little more power,nice bike pulls like a freight train,it have been rolled to 201 hp at the rearwheel before i opened his exhaust so lsightly faster than the vulcan.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 11:13 PM

Wow

Looks like a cool project! I look forward to seeing it when it is done!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 12:40 AM
Ndr

looking good. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

......I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere then in any city on earth.

*2014 VN900 Custom (16,200 miles and counting)
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 01:56 AM
ass hole extaordinaire

I was completely on board with this whole look until I saw the drag bars lolnow if you was to throw some 12 inch apes on it I would love the look

But that's just me you like them low then go for it man you ain't gotta please me I'm not the one riding it lol

Keep it up its looking great

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
Sucks getting old but it beats not getting old.

i got my helmet but it sure makes licking the windows a chore

cell phone number for anyone who needs it 214-516-1738

photobucket link
http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/newrider9984/library/
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the response and yes im am the one riding the frog,its not that i dont think the apehangers dont looke cool i just dont like riding with them,but where all a bit different and that makes the world full of wonderfull build bikes.
Got little more done today,first a pic of how i did the de goating

Rear fender and rear led light with brake license plate and blinker got mounted and finnished the soldering work,so now its just small led blinkers in the front that neds to be done in the electric department,yes tested the new stator and regulator and it runs like a charm charging little more than 14 volts

I would loved to have the license plate on the side instead of it messing up my shorty rearfender,but even eu made it legal the danish goverment wont allow it and dont hessitate to give you a 200 $ fine for doing it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement