how to totally bypass safety switches - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new rider 9984 View Post
hence the disclamer lol

plus if you do the advanced procedure with the valet switch you would know that you need it in neutral because you wont be able to hold the clutch in while hitting the hidden switch
It'll only jump a little bit. hahahaaaaaaaa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
ass hole extaordinaire

One thing I failed to mention is that when bypassing the switches the way I described your neutral light will be on all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
Sucks getting old but it beats not getting old.

i got my helmet but it sure makes licking the windows a chore

cell phone number for anyone who needs it 214-516-1738

photobucket link
http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/newrider9984/library/
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 10:53 AM

Would cutting the 12th pin wire and tapping off the one end and the one that goes into the plug go to a ground switch work? Also what color is the wire?

1992 Vulcan 750.
Ear shaved and re-jetted.

Last edited by theone2043; 04-23-2014 at 11:36 AM.

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 08:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to mge_1 Send a message via Yahoo to mge_1 Send a message via Skype™ to mge_1
Nice good info. Thanks!
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 06:28 PM

No Spark

Quote:
ok guys this is the easiest way to bypass all safety switches look at this picture

on the 10 pin connector shown in the bottom left of the picture you will see the number 12

locate that wire on your bikes junction box and strip the insulation back enough to connect a jumper wire

attach the other end of the jumper wire to any form of ground you wish

you can ground to the frame or the motor or take it straight to the negative terminal on the battery as long as it is grounded

with correctly working safety switches in place they are meant to create a ground for the starter relay when in the correct position but by jumping pin number 12 on the junction box to ground you are allowing the starter relay a constant ground thus bypassing the safety switches all together

FOR THE CREATIVE MINDS here's something else to ponder you only need an active ground on that wire when starting the bike so after it is running you can disconnect it meaning if you wanted to add a push button valet switch in the jumper wire and hide it somewhere easy to reach but hard to see then you would be able to only start your bike when you press the hidden switch and the starter button at the same time
So if this doesn't provide spark I'm guessing stator or pick up coil is bad?
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 07:08 PM

Even a bad stator will give you some spark....it just wont charge the battery properly....

post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
ok guys this is the easiest way to bypass all safety switches look at this picture

on the 10 pin connector shown in the bottom left of the picture you will see the number 12

locate that wire on your bikes junction box and strip the insulation back enough to connect a jumper wire

attach the other end of the jumper wire to any form of ground you wish

you can ground to the frame or the motor or take it straight to the negative terminal on the battery as long as it is grounded

with correctly working safety switches in place they are meant to create a ground for the starter relay when in the correct position but by jumping pin number 12 on the junction box to ground you are allowing the starter relay a constant ground thus bypassing the safety switches all together

FOR THE CREATIVE MINDS here's something else to ponder you only need an active ground on that wire when starting the bike so after it is running you can disconnect it meaning if you wanted to add a push button valet switch in the jumper wire and hide it somewhere easy to reach but hard to see then you would be able to only start your bike when you press the hidden switch and the starter button at the same time
Will this work for the 85 vn 700?
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985-Vulcan700 View Post
So if this doesn't provide spark I'm guessing stator or pick up coil is bad?
I added a jumper wire from number 12 ( witch was a yellow and green wire) to ground and still no spark at plugs.

I'm still in the shadows on this one.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Even a bad stator will give you some spark....it just wont charge the battery properly....
What about the pick up coils? Bike turns over just no spark.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014, 09:10 PM
NEVER TO OLD TO RIDE

I would add to cut the black and white wire , and the yellow black wire coming out of the ignitor and solder them together and run a wire from the soldered connection directly to the ground lug on the battery. tape off the harness side wires just for safety. this mod seperates the ignitor safety switch circuit from the starter relay safety switch circuit. the ignitor needs ground on the black white wire to produce spark, and gets it through the sidestand switch when driving bike. The mod op mentioned will work fine providing harness is good from ignitor to jb , mine wasn't. I did a simiiliar mod and got the starter working but still
no spark , jumped the sidestand switch at the connector , still no spark, grounded the black white wire at ignitor connector and spark worked great.
If you have no spark , running a wire from the ignitor connector black white wire to ground is a good test to eliminate the sidestand switch and all associated harnesses and connections.

99 vn750A15
stator mod and r/r mod
ignition coil mod
ignitor power circuit and ground circuit mod
ear shave rejet 142/42 plus .040 shimmed
vance and hines exhaust no baffles
custom paint
volt meter
petcock mod
new backrest and pad (no pic yet)
cooling fan cut off switch mod
jbm carb diaphrams (must have)
mcct mod
pickup coil mod
AGM Battery

did all the mods and repair work and custom paint myself. except exhaust.

Last edited by V750_outlaw; 07-30-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement