And the work finally begins
So I finally got into looking into my non functional shifter. I also decided it was time to take care of the other little things going not quite right last season, rattling gas cap, not working radiator fan, shot dust caps on the fork seals .....
So I took some pictures after remembering the posts on building the 2 into 1 exhaust that I hurried together and never took decent pics. then set it next to a stock system off the project/parts bike (more on that story in a different post) If there is any interest I can take more detailed pics of the whole thing.
During teardown I found a snapped throttle cable so there is another project. After getting the motor on the bench I pulled the side cover hoping that my problem was just the spring clip, not my luck. Looks like I have a case to split to get to the shift rod. I will try to keep this one updated as I get further into the second rebuild.
87 vn750at least that is what the frame #'s say
"Squirrel Bike" aka Jersey
Rat bike with a good PR agent
shaved and coastered
2 into 1 exhaust
rear 170 and front 110
custom dash with voltmeter
Recovered seat without "butt hammers"
More to come
Praise to the Parts Goddess Crobins for needed things
When someone tells me "Great minds think alike" all I can think is "You Pervert"