Time is flying By,Spring ii coming - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Time is flying By,Spring ii coming

Well i think I am ready to start back with the finish work on my "Geezer Glide"winter makeover,Ready to start with the yearly fish line run,Tires have arrived and some new tire tools,I hate paying some one to change tires.Oil change bought and ordered a new K&N filter setup.New windshield is on the way for the fairing,waiting on the painter to get my paint work done.I've relocated the key switch to a more accessible location,rear trunk and and stereo XM radio and dash complete.

I went a little overboard this year but now it will be a full on touring machine set up for me,After all the 1500 Classic is just a naked Nomad.I had to do a lot of fab work and wiring ,I really didn't intend to get this involved with this "little project.but i think I will be well satisfied.Now on to the mundane but necesary scheduled maintenance good thing is I think the partsd are all made or bought and now it is just labor.I want to thank Kanuck for helping me out on the Marine unit,and my buddy Ted who has been slaving with me on this job.

I would like to hesar from the rest of you what your Plans are for being road ready for another season and what you've been up to during your down time.Pictures and comments please,I have probably a litle over a month to finish what I have started AND finish putting the tupperware back on a PC800 that has been in our shop for a clutch job and stop some oil leaks on it,wish me luck on that one as well.I have never seen so many pieces come off one bike to get to the actual motorcycle,What a puzzle

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 AM

I gotta put in new upper cam chains, and Im gonna mod my fenders and forks....paint my tank....but thats gotta wait some...supposed to be -1 below here tonight....brrrrrr...to cold to mess with steel....

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Ndr

Just ordered a new shield - (Memphis Shades Malibu) and a set of bags (Leatherlyke)

Looking at spending the money on the TOC stator cover mod to make accessing the stator a lot easier when/if it fails (has already done so once for the previous owner)
Yes, my stator is currently in perfect working condition, but I plan on swapping out the cover anyways as a preventive measure
--Yes, I am aware of the tuxedo mod, and I'm choosing not to go that rout for a few reasons--

Along with the TOC mod, I may put in a higher output stator and R/R

I need to put a new set of highway pegs on as my right side peg decided to get up and walk away one day while I was at work...

would also like to put a new set of handle bar grips on, the stock ones are a bit weather beaten, and the rubber is dry rotted and flaking. Plus they seem a bit thin to be completely comfortable anyways for an extended ride.

Have some ideas that I'm working out for additional lighting (running lights, as well as side marker light)

...I'm sure I'm forgetting something here.

......I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere then in any city on earth.

*2014 VN900 Custom (16,200 miles and counting)

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 03:34 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
got my 86 in the dining room.lol.but then again,the motor aint in it

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM
..have a vulcan good day!

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndr View Post
Would also like to put a new set of handle bar grips on, the stock ones are a bit weather beaten, and the rubber is dry rotted and flaking. Plus they seem a bit thin to be completely comfortable anyways for an extended ride.
Does anybody have any advice as to what (possibly) may be done as a preventive measure, thus avoiding weathered grips (as long as possible) ?

tia

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 05:39 PM

Ride as often as possible ?....
I have the Avon foam grips on mine...love em...with my arthritis, if I had plain rubber, I couldnt ride for more than an hour straight...even now on longer rides, I gotta take one hand off and "squeeze the tennis ball"...

Oh yeah...puttin a cruise control on mine too (self designed). Forefinger to lock, thumb to unlock.
If anyone sees any VN900 Classic fenders cheap, lemme know (mostly front)...after painting my wheels and giving tires a faux w/w...a slight skirt is gonna be a must...or, I'll just bang the tin in a month or so....gonna put fishtail slip on tips onto my Sporty muffs too....1953 VN700, lol...

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 11:46 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
here is Faye,my 86,all mocked up.i got brave and cut off her ass.i agree with Wolfie.ride whenever you can,and even when you can't.gonna try to find the guy who painted her to see if he can touch up the front fender and tank and then match the rear fender because the paint is pretty cool.if not she's gonna be gloss black with ghost scallops

sportster seat

Last edited by OleDirtyDoc; 01-05-2014 at 11:42 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Mod

Have lots to do before spring. Plugs and wires, add saddle bags, but first relocate blinkers. replace back tire and add fairing. Any one know if when they replace your tires will they lube your shaft? (Wait, that came out wrong) Oh, and put on the new floor boards when they come in.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 08:17 PM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdhunter02 View Post
Have lots to do before spring. Plugs and wires, add saddle bags, but first relocate blinkers. replace back tire and add fairing. Any one know if when they replace your tires will they lube your shaft? (Wait, that came out wrong) Oh, and put on the new floor boards when they come in.
if you ask them they might.it'll cost a litle for labor,so if you are lucky they might not have to lube your ass before you get @#$%^&.lol

sportster seat

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 AM