Post It Up!!!! Post pictures of your DIY Modifications here - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
 38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 144 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Sparky!!!

Garage
Nice OD...

Wolfie.. if I had a mig and a torch.. I wouldn't have builders block...lol... the bike would be cut and hacked... possibly stretched, defiantly raked. I would also have my Fatbob Tank mounted as well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 144 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 12:00 PM

Ya know, some of the newer Snortsters have 4.6 gal tanks...been looking fer one of them...

...and OD...where's ya get that front whitewall ?...Im lookin to put whitewalls on mine by spring...that and fishtail tips...

post #13 of 144 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Ya know, some of the newer Snortsters have 4.6 gal tanks...been looking fer one of them...

...and OD...where's ya get that front whitewall ?...Im lookin to put whitewalls on mine by spring...that and fishtail tips...
My Sportster has the 4.5 gal. tank, some owners on the forum say the in tank fuel pump takes up near 1/2 gal., but I do get a tad more milage from a tank full than I did on my Vulcans...

The whitewall is a self made whitewall, made on the road below and the one goin to it, a bit of gravel road will make whitewalls ya know...lol...

http://mapshare.delorme.com/Consumer/V.aspx?p=b2lwn8lw

Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...

post #14 of 144 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 08:07 PM

I keep fergettin where yer from OD...lotta limestone down that way...now I understand....dust....
Well, back to what I said...looks like a Shinko rear and an Avon front fer me...about $225 total....I like Avons too, had one on the front of my Harley...so I dont mind the cuple 3 extra bucks...
Then again, been looking at tire paint...and them stick on things fer whitewalls too...but the stick ons are almost as much as a full tire...mebbe will try the paint first...would still like a fatter front though, fer MY gravel roads, lol....

post #15 of 144 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Quote:
I keep fergettin where yer from OD...lotta limestone down that way...now I understand....dust....
Well, back to what I said...looks like a Shinko rear and an Avon front fer me...about $225 total....I like Avons too, had one on the front of my Harley...so I dont mind the cuple 3 extra bucks...
Then again, been looking at tire paint...and them stick on things fer whitewalls too...but the stick ons are almost as much as a full tire...mebbe will try the paint first...would still like a fatter front though, fer MY gravel roads, lol....
There's about 3 mi. of gravel Rd. to get from the "Devil's Triangle" to that mountain Rd. to Caryville, that's where the limestone dust really came from...
The Rd. down the Mtn. into Caryville is tar & chip with some loose gravel here and there, just enough to make you tippy toe...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
post #16 of 144 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 12:52 PM

I hate tar and chip...went on a lil ride with KC a few weeks ago and took a shortcut...guess what...fresh tar/chip...crawled the whole way...

post #17 of 144 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Sparky!!!

Garage
Quote:

...and OD...where's ya get that front whitewall ?...Im lookin to put whitewalls
I have a stretched fatbob tank that is supposed to be a 5 gal cap. I plan to stretch it more, and morph it a lot.. when I am done it should be almost 7 gallons.
post #18 of 144 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
when I am done it should be almost 7 gallons.
Dang !....aint that gonna be a lil top heavy then ? I think Id be satisfied with 5...that'd gimme a 250 mile+ range. Toughest thing is making the tunnel on other tanks work. Damn Vulcan double backbone.

post #19 of 144 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Sparky!!!

Garage
Quote:
Dang !....aint that gonna be a lil top heavy then ? I think Id be satisfied with 5...that'd gimme a 250 mile+ range. Toughest thing is making the tunnel on other tanks work. Damn Vulcan double backbone.
well, that is where i would be getting my extra 1-2 gallons from. I am using a stock VN750 tunnel, welding the HD sides to it, then filling the center with another piece of metal
post #20 of 144 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 04:06 PM

Gotcha...cant wait to see it finished...IMO would almost be easier to replace the double backbone with a single like the EN454 has...ya need 2 outlets fer yer tank too then, right, since the stockers wont balance w/o ?...
but you could just loop a tube under joining sides, then petcock for outlet on one side. Gonna need to braze the loop fittings onto the tank tho (guessing you'll use brass ones). Should work...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement