Hey bikers! I'm new to this forum and just had a look around and saw this thread.
I'd like to introduce myself and share a little bit of my story.
My introduction: Swedish male, 28 years old, I have two daughters with my beautiful fiancee (which thinks I'm insane for having such passion for 2 wheels
So a little backstory.
In Sweden you must be 24 years of age to legally get your big-boy-big-bike license.
I was supposed to get it when I turned 24 but it's been postponed some years due to work, family etc. so this year I just said to myself "Do it already!"
So I did. I completed and passed the tests in 2,5 months, not a single drivers-ed class taken.
The bike I got for taking the test was a Kawasaki GPZ 750 -83 which sadly enough broke down the day after I passed the test. A week or so went by and I found an add on a VN 750 -86 for a steal price, ~7500 miles on it and in a very good condition! Could say that this bike was my silver lining.
My plan was to build a bobber of it this coming winter. But I couldn't help myself to wait that long so I tore her down and fixed her up a bit.
* I built my own MCCT for the cam chain issue, it had a horrible slap-noise to it so it was about time
* Wrapped up the exhaust headers
* Mounted straight stainless-steel exhaust pipes, cut in an angle and painted black. I decided to keep the power chamber
* Made a hard mount out of sheet metal to mount my 9" solo seat on
* Improvised rear end "cover" to the frame out of sheet metal, painted black as well
* Switched turn signals with my old bike, as well as the headlight.
* Changed the tail light three times already but I'm happy with the new one, don't have a picture of it though.
* and more
I have plans on other modifications as well such as an ear-shave, handlebar, maybe paint the rims and fork etc. but this is good enough for now I think.
I know not all people appreciate a "trashy"-bobber look, but hey. To each is own.
Everything I've modified is out of scrap laying around in my garage, except for the solo seat.