Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

First Build....

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SkyPilot 
#1 ·
So I just bought this '96 VN750A for $200 but it hasn't run for 2 years. I plan on making changes and I'm going for a kind of sled look. Changing the gauges, replacing the stock bars to straight bars, altering the back of the tank so it flows more into the seat, which I know will also have to be altered. As well as cutting and fabbing from the shock absorber, back.
I'm wondering if anyone has done this. I've seen a load of Bobbers but not what I have in mind.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
sled bike

Sounds like a good plan. I think I know where your going, kind of a bike version of a chopped & channelled "50 merc. They say it aint custom till the sawzall starts!!! The one piece of advice I would give is mock up your riding position as close as you can to how you want it and test it out first before you start cutting. Nothing worse than a super cool stance that requires a trip to the chiropractor after every beer run. Will be looking forward to some pics and maybe some bar napkin sketches. Not sure if this is the right direction but always loved Billy Gibbons Hogzilla.:smiley_th

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.