I was asked about the pipes.
Simply relocated the stock, punched out, mufflers.
By punched out, I mean I hammered a 3/4 round stock "drift" through them to open up the baffles.
And then used my collection of cutoff pipe sections to connect them to the stock headers.
You know, cut-tack-tweak-tack-repeat...
Was going for a snaked look, so I routed them behind the struts. Luckily I still had clearance for shocks and tire! For the full (lowered) swingarm travel!!
Used a MIG welder and "stacked tacks" to get a faux TIG look. Also reattached the "heat shield' guards at the owners request.
The pipes are not very loud and the mufflers are almost cool enough to touch when running! Dude added heat sheilds from a 90's Dyna anyway.
Almost forgot to mention I blocked off the decell air injection system by yanking the "coasters" and simply pipe plugging the heads.
Top shock mounts were relocated to grab rail mounts by drilling out in replacing with appropriate sized hardened bolts and spacers.
Slammed it with some rigid struts, but then later replaced those with some banged up "shortster" shocks.
Obviously stripped off all extraneous parts and plastics... Simplified the wiring harness.
Stock seat pan and foam we're narrowed with a band saw. Dude streched a seat cover kit (eBay) meant for the stock saddle over it. Also added some gel pads before the re-wrap. Sissy bar pad is from a tattoo arm rest.
Was also asked about the tank, found the vintage coffin tank and window bars at a local-ish junkers. Used a rusted Sportster 33-1/3 fork tube as a false backbone.
This did two things for the bike... 1 allowed me to Mount the narrow tunnel tank over the stock wishboned backbone.
And raised the British style fuel tap bungs above the stock frame. Plus it puts the tank at that jaunty chopper angle.
Speaking of carburetors, they were rejetted with a dynojet kit and blocked off the decell enrichment diaphragms. Thew on some pod air filters I had laying around. Thing get out of it's own way pretty good.
Of note is the headlight setup, couple of mismatched 90's fog lights mounted to a 80's Harley piloce siren bracket. Said bracket let me utilize existing mounting holes cast into the stock tree!
Added a pair of LED fogs from Northern Tool at a later date. They are the brightest things you can buy for $14.99!
Sissy bar is actually an extension of the (cut) tail section.
I used chromed scrap (from crumpled Harley saddle bag guards and some bent handelbars) to come up with a grave marker cross (not pictured) and Dude hated it.
He sketched me a trident and I added an LED tail/brake light. Light housing is a cast-off skull axle cap for a Harley front axle. Lens is cut down from a cracked turn signal.
Tail light is a cat face Lucas style repop. I was saving this for a Lambretta project... But I simply ordered another one for the Lambretta.
Fender is just the stock fender clocked forward.
And the skeleton / coffin mirror was also a freebie from a wrecked bike
Eliminated the gauges, turn signals, safety switches, junction box, headlight relay.
Kept the stock key switch and charging system.
Battery box and regulator/rectifier are in the stock locations. AGM battery of course.
Also kept the kill-switch/start-button on the bars. Along with the stock throttle housing.
The left control box danced with the bandsaw however. Only leaving the "choke" lever assembly intact.
Headlights are on toggle switches.
Replaced the fan sensor but still added a toggle. Ditched the stuck thermostat as well. Bike is in SWFL after all.