Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Twisted Steel & Sex Appeal

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bassace 
#1 ·
Had to start a new thread on this one, sorry admins. Anyways I’m “done” working on my 05’ 750! I’m very happy how she turned out. She’s been through a lot of different looks since I’ve had her but I think I am finally content. Newest additions are 12” twisted z bar apes, 10” straight struts and FC12 forward controls

And here is how I bought her:

And I’ll throw in a few more pics

I’m 6’2 so it’s been hard to get this bike to fit my body comfortably but now with the forward controls and apes, It’s like I’m nice and stretched out in a Lazy-boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#6 ·
Looks great!

I'd love to try out a set of forwards. I'm also pushing the limits of this bike's size.

Do it man! It was worth every penny. They’re having a discontinuation sale on eBay right now, $190 w/o pegs $235 w pegs. I wasn’t sure how much a 6.5” extension would benefit me but it’s night and day as far as foot comfort.

#4 ·
X2 on the shocks. How's the ride with the straight struts?

#5 ·
On good road to mildly bumpy roads it’s good. After I serviced the forks and had the oem shocks on every time I hit a bump it bounced like I hit it 3 times and in corners that was not fun. Now the front will bounce a little and I’ll get a little small kick in the back. On bumpy roads going 60+ it’s not the ideal riding experience but manageable. I wanted a rear end drop so $45 struts beat out the $265 progressives and played into the look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.