Victoria - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By TonyO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
NewB to Vulcans

Victoria

Thought I would post some pics of Vicky in her current state.

Vetter is great at keeping the wind off and no buffeting either.
Two cell mounts, active on left runs communications, Waze and IHeartRadio, junk on the right runs CamOnRoad. Bluetooth headset in helmet synced to left.
Have an old Magellan mounted to fairing JIC, have had cell phones quit when you most need them. Each has their own hardwired charger.
Stock horns are long gone, their mount is now two LED marker lights. Bad Boy mounted LHS to lower Ear mount provide the required wake up noises
LED Headlight is awesome, cheap knockoff of Daymaker.
Spots have bright, dim and flash modes
Rack I built from some Suzuki Boulevard chrome parts I found for a dollar at a swap meet, some old stainless curtain rods and ****load of threaded rod. Bags $20 from same swap meet were missing center strap on one, now missing center straps on both. Rain Gear, side stand plate, U shaped locking bar and Fix a Flat live in there.
Next up are some more lights!!! Two more floods and some amber side markers on front forks. Will post some nighttime pics later as I have vanity lights too.
Might do an earshave, have the parts but undecided about the look, would allow me a better rear mount for the Vetter though.
Not sure I like the Mustang seat, does not fit the bike or me very well and I find it hard after 50 miles and my commute is 65. Have the stock seat and might customize if i can get the sewing machine working.

Now looking for a trunk for the back at swap meets and Craigslist
Wish I could get easily more range than 130 miles which is my round trip to work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2018-04-07.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	43674   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2018-04-07 3.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	43682   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2018-04-07 4.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	43690   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2018-04-07 2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	43698   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2018-04-07 5.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	43706  

'99 Vulcan "Victoria"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 06:32 PM

Looks pretty good! Vetter fans swear by them, your mpg may be up. I see some trunks/bags in an auction pretty often, some Vetter stuff too.

Toolbox hinge looks like a nice touch.

Mustangs ain't fer everybody. 50 miles was exactly the miles where mine hit a level 9 pain rating. The passenger pad hit me right above the belt and hurt like hell. I had to scoot forward to get off it and that would only last a mile or so, position was too un-natural. My friend is a lot thinner than me, and it killed him too, right above the belt. He also said it was hard. Mine ended up in Norway, exiled from the US. Dude that got it, hated it. He was planning on touring the EU with it, but sold it. I'm 5'11" with a long inseam, always need 2" more space on my bike.

Now, about those night pics ....

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 06:50 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I like Ride On tire sealant better than Fix A Flat. It pretty much does away with the need to fix flats. It seals the hole before any air leaks out. If the tire gets a hole too big for Ride On, Fix A Flat isn't going to seal it either.

I don't know of an aftermarket/custom seat that doesn't use firmer foam than the too soft stuff most motorcycle manufacturers use. I have a Mustang and find it much better than the stock seat. I've ridden it on a two day trip of about 700 miles and wasn't uncomfortable. I've discovered riding twisty roads is better on any seat as your rear end is changing positions on the seat. Long stretches of Interstate riding is the pits.

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
NewB to Vulcans

Finally got some pics, still working on the exposures to get best results. When the LED headlight is on is just shuts out everything else, did manage to close the camera all the way down and get one image.

Working on a couple of curly cords to take power down to the front wheel area so I can add vanity lights on the wheel and amber running lights on the forks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2018-04-24.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	43905   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2018-04-24 v.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	43913  
OleDirtyDoc and WilliamTech3 like this.

'99 Vulcan "Victoria"