Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Carb Vent Caps?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  kc2dgq 
#1 ·
I am doing the earshave now and I am confused on capping the carbs. It states in the procedure to cap the right side carb vacum port but it does not say to cap the left.
The left side vent runs into the center nipple on the petcock. Why cant i remove that hose and also cap that vent?

#5 ·
The left carb vacuum goes to vacuum controlled petcock.
The petcock is vacuum controlled.no vacuum no fuel no fun
Yes, you have it 100% correct ODD.

:smiley_th

#6 ·
Just fer haa haas, I tried joining the 2 vac lines to a tee, then going to the petcock ( I assumed more suction....wrong)....seems the volume of the lines reduces the actuating effect on the petcock....do it as described, and you'll be ok.....

#9 ·
I wouldn't have expected that.

I know a while back someone had a noisy petcock...a tapping noise. they connected both vacuum lines to a "T" and into the petcock control and it evened out the pulses of vacuum, which in turn stopped the tapping noise.

#7 ·
That makes sense about diminishing the vacuum with them connected...

Some people permanently plug the right vent with screws or whatever, but I'm wary of permanent modification. If you don't want to bother buying a vac cap (for me out in the sticks that's about an hour drive IF anyone has stuff in stock), I cut about 1/2" of vac line and plugged the end with super black RTV. Free and works just as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.