Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Anyone riding near Sturgis / Rapid City area 7/23,7/24?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
davewex
Kawika

Ride Update

Hit Mount Rushmore and Custer Parks today....Started out sunny and clear, but about an hour into the ride from Rapid City (rental) I got on Iron Mountain Road and it started pouring buckets (to say the least) out of nowhere. Threw on the supplied rain gear and tried to keep it going but ended up stopping by a bunch of riders huddling under the first tunnel....cleared up after 25 mins or so and hit it again....got to the Norbeck Overlook and it was a cool view of the monument after the rain, but then it started hailing and buckets of water ensued. After about 45 mins with people huddling under the little roof for the map, the rain stopped again and the weather turned out beautiful and enjoyed the most scenic cycle ride of my life. (even soaked!) Came back up through the needles highway and got a beer in Hill City....can't wait for tomorrow's ride. I'm hoping to make it to Bear Butte , back through Sturgis on the way to Deadwood.

LETS RIDE!! VROC# 26137
☠ Black Candy ☠ '07 Mean Streak 1600
☠ Blue Crush ☠ '95 VN750-A11

Last edited by davewex; 07-24-2008 at 02:32 AM. Reason: added photo

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome