Freee Vanson Leather!!!! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Motorcycle Safety Discuss safety ideas/tactics or safety-related products.
Ride Smart!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Freee Vanson Leather!!!!

Today I was learning to routine for feeding the dogs, maintaining the pool ect for someone I'm going to be house sitting for, for a week.

We got on the topic of riding for a while, and the homeowner just decided to give me his Vanson jacket that he had only worn 10 times maximum!!!!! I guess since he appreciated my enthusiasm and was no longer riding he figured I could use it more than him. How freaking awesome is that? My sister looked it up and found the same one going for around $500. It fits perfectly, to boot!

The wild part in not only the guys generosity, but the very NIGHT BEFORE I was shopping online for some new leather b/c my leather "fashion jacket" had failed its first test as a "riding jacket". I had decided that I wanted to save up my coin for something of heirloom quality and a Vanson seemed like the absolute highest quality I could find (as far as you can tell from the internet). I can't believe I got one the very next day after deciding that I wanted one.

I don't mean to boast, I'm just super stoked and I figured you guys would appreciate and understand my excitement. Most people I've told are like "...oh...a leather jacket..." lol
Here is a pic!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Definitely a good day for you.I would be telling anybody who would listen too!!!

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Ndr

Pretty sweet.

......I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere then in any city on earth.

*2014 VN900 Custom (16,200 miles and counting)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'm really green when it comes to this whole motorcycle gig and since I've had my vn750 on the road, I've been blown away by how serious people take the "we're all family" part of motorcycle culture. This silly machine sure is teaching me a lot about life.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 03:49 PM
ass hole extaordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuvoc View Post
Thanks guys. I'm really green when it comes to this whole motorcycle gig and since I've had my vn750 on the road, I've been blown away by how serious people take the "we're all family" part of motorcycle culture. This silly machine sure is teaching me a lot about life.
it only gets better brother hell there is a new member on here thats about 50 miles away from me he called asking if i could help him with his bike i said text me your address i will be there tomorrow he said really i said thats what bikers do

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
Sucks getting old but it beats not getting old.

i got my helmet but it sure makes licking the windows a chore

cell phone number for anyone who needs it 214-516-1738

photobucket link
http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/newrider9984/library/
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Awesome. Totally awesome.

Some days the Gods shine down on you and .......some times they crap on you..which just makes those shine down days even more spectacular.

I always said there's only two places to get a real leather jacket .....Bates Leather and Vanson.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 05:18 PM
..have a vulcan good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new rider 9984 View Post
it only gets better brother hell there is a new member on here thats about 50 miles away from me he called asking if i could help him with his bike i said text me your address i will be there tomorrow he said really i said thats what bikers do
Yes, NewRider will be there for you, he was for me...and a knowledgeable mechanic to boot !

'86 VN750 13,700 mi -Stock
-Purchased 2008 w/8800mi
Replaced ALL Cables . Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 Headlamp, Jardine Fwd Controls,
Iridiums DPR7EIX-9 & Wires, Tuxedo Mod, Coil Mod, P/U Sensor Mod, Fork Seals,
Splines Lubed - 11/4/2012 - MF AGM Battery
Additional Flashing LED Brake Light on Trunk
Dampers went out @ 13+K !
After TOC MCCT's..... so amazingly quiet I discovered a rattling heat shield on my stock exhaust !
...have a vulcan good day!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 02:09 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuvoc View Post
Today I was learning to routine for feeding the dogs, maintaining the pool ect for someone I'm going to be house sitting for, for a week.

We got on the topic of riding for a while, and the homeowner just decided to give me his Vanson jacket that he had only worn 10 times maximum!!!!! I guess since he appreciated my enthusiasm and was no longer riding he figured I could use it more than him. How freaking awesome is that? My sister looked it up and found the same one going for around $500. It fits perfectly, to boot!

The wild part in not only the guys generosity, but the very NIGHT BEFORE I was shopping online for some new leather b/c my leather "fashion jacket" had failed its first test as a "riding jacket". I had decided that I wanted to save up my coin for something of heirloom quality and a Vanson seemed like the absolute highest quality I could find (as far as you can tell from the internet). I can't believe I got one the very next day after deciding that I wanted one.

I don't mean to boast, I'm just super stoked and I figured you guys would appreciate and understand my excitement. Most people I've told are like "...oh...a leather jacket..." lol
Here is a pic!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
That's AWESOME! Clearly it was meant to be. Just curious, where are you from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement