Motorcyclist helmets found to save lives - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Motorcycle Safety Discuss safety ideas/tactics or safety-related products.
Ride Smart!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
MrSkydriver

Motorcyclist helmets found to save lives

I found this to be very interesting. Everyone will still have their own opinion and they are entitled to that opinion. This is not meant to start a controversy, just presenting some facts..........

http://roadwarrior.blogs.pressdemocr...to-save-lives/

2006 Vulcan 750
NGK Iridium DPR7EIX-9
AGM Interstate CycleTron II
Saddle Bags
Natl. Cycle Deflector Screen
SilverStar Headlight 9003/H2 H4
Ext. Back Rest
Marbled
R/R relocation
Digital Volt Meter 5 IN 1
Engine Guard w/pegs
ProTac Back Rest
Trunk (not installed)
Pickup coil mod
Metzler ME 880 Marathon
front: 110/90 - 19 rear: 170/80 - 15
MCCT
Kury grips

Hopefull:
Nice Lady on the back...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 02:08 PM

Personally I think it should be freedom to chose.. If you want to pay 3 or 4 time more for insurance that is. Having said that I also think that if Indian Larry had a helmet on he would still be building some nice rides today.

1995 VN750 (SOLD)
05-06 CBR600 R/R
ACCT>MCCT mod
engine guard w/HW pegs
Tires, 230's (170/110)
Smaller blinkers
Driving lights
Pickup coil mod
Speedo delete
mirrors w/reverse mount
Black grips

2000 Buell X1 Lightning
Carbon fiber fender F&R
Carbon fiber fly screen
Carbon fiber race intake
Works Shock
V&H Muffler
SS headers

post #3 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to figure it out... But you know they live among us, and they vote...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...

post #4 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 04:22 PM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to figure it out... But you know they live among us, and they vote...
Have a good one...Old Dog...
Yes we all know that helmets can help prevent some head injuries but don't you feel much better knowing that a massive amounts of money was spent to study years and years of accident information and with the aid of ultra expensive computers and such came to this final conclusion? Why accept the obvious when you can waste tons of money to arrive at the same conclusion? In another year or so someone will spend even more money in an attempt to prove the opposite. After all if the American government can spend millions of dollars each and every year on studies as to the effect of cow farts on the air quality than why not study motorcycle helmets and head injuries? I know I will sleep better tonight.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
post #5 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 04:43 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan2000 View Post
Yes we all know that helmets can help prevent some head injuries but don't you feel much better knowing that a massive amounts of money was spent to study years and years of accident information and with the aid of ultra expensive computers and such came to this final conclusion? Why accept the obvious when you can waste tons of money to arrive at the same conclusion? In another year or so someone will spend even more money in an attempt to prove the opposite. After all if the American government can spend millions of dollars each and every year on studies as to the effect of cow farts on the air quality than why not study motorcycle helmets and head injuries? I know I will sleep better tonight.

Because many are too stupid to believe the obvious so you need "scientific evidence" to convince them. Anti helmet ranters for years said the same percent of riders die in states regardless of helmet laws. There was no facts either way to prove...or disprove it. Now there is.

More riders die in states with no mandatory helmet laws. I knew this, and now I have data to back it up.

So stop costing me money and wear an freaking approved helmet...

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #6 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 05:19 PM
93 750

if you really want to know if a helmet can prevent head injuries, put a helmet on and hit yourself in the head with a brick. Now take the helmet off and hit yourself in the head with the same brick! i believe it should be a choice! (seatbelts too!) But the facts are the facts and hitting your head on something with protection hurts a lot less than without!

life is short, laugh often!
Joe
post #7 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 05:34 PM

Id rather be killed/dead than crippled for life though, than be a burden to someone until I did die...I had a buddy who had this happen...his wife nursed him for 15 years...used to crap himself in the bed he was shackled to...finally, one of his "brothers", at his request, helped him end it... RIP Uncle George, one of the most badass bikers ya ever will meet, but a friend for life...I was a pallbearer...
REGARDLESS, it is wrong for the Government to mandate things like this for adults. "Free country" ?...lol...my hairy patoot ! Nazi Germany began by taking away peoples rights...the Soviets were even worse. Yep, keep condoning instead of condemning...hope I'll be dead by the time this country completely falls apart....
Helmets save lives...yes, they do...up to mebbe 40-50mph, and even thats a crapshoot...once yer over 60 on a public road, more than likely, helmet or not, goodbye....

post #8 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 05:39 PM
93 750

still

life is short, laugh often!
Joe
post #9 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 05:41 PM
romeobravo172

Send a message via Skype™ to romeobravo172
A helmet will not save your life! Having enough brains inside your head, to put the damn thing on may or may not save you either, but sure raises your odds!

04-3,200 miles bought July 2011 with 928 miles. Loaded with acessories to many to list here, see my albums for more details! I also make a custom tank bib specific for the 750 if anyone is interested, ck my albums for some pics.
post #10 of 91 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 05:59 PM

Well at least some of you guys in some of the states have a bit of freedom to choose, over here we just get told what we will do, been law for helmets since 1970s, plus seat belt law,s gun laws, now they are deciding on weather to grant the cops access to everyones email, and browsing rights, freedom here may as well live in China
Sponsored Links
Advertisement