Ruger Sends a Message - Page 3 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Motorcycle Safety Discuss safety ideas/tactics or safety-related products.
Ride Smart!

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 01:24 AM
gun slinger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyRector View Post
Glad you and the bike are OK!!!

Coming up your way Wednesday-Thursday, but have no time to stop and play. A 3 1/2 year old girl from our parish is having serious surgery at the Cleveland Clinic (hemispherectomy).
prayers sent out

2010' voyager

2005 1600 nomad sold

1987 kawasaki vulcan 750 SOLD

1985 kawasaki vulcan 700 parts bike maybe
lots of hand guns
3 cagers doors kicked in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrand View Post
Hell, I just had someone pull out in front of me at a traffic light (I had green, they were to my right, turning right into my lane), and I almost slammed right into the rear of their vehicle.

...and I was in my damn CAR...!!!! With the headlights on! Sheesh...

...and to beat it all? They went about 30 feet, and then wanted to make a left into the neighborhood across the street...

...and there wasn't anyone behind me...they couldn't wait 5 seconds for me to pass 'em and go on through the light...

Sheesh...
OK-Whats your gripe, that's just normal and to be expected...lol......
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Daily Rider

Where can I get a vest like that?? Had to rock a car last tuesday night riding home in the fog. Idiot got to within 1&1/2 to 2 car lengths, right on my a$$, so I just reached in my coat pocket and dropped a gift on the road for him. Had to do it twice but the driver finally stayed back.

2000 VN 750

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Just be aware that the next cager might not take too well to your illegal method of deterring tailgating and decide to make you roadkill. Yes, many cagers are stupid about maintaintaing proper following distance, but so are a lot of bikers. Would you suggest that cagers slam on their brakes to get the biker to back off?

Did you consider that the cager may simply have had a problem judging the distance between you in the fog? What about the image you put in the cager's head about all bikers being irresponsible with your little stunt? You are responsible for your own safety. Ever consider pulling over and letting the guy pass you? No damage to his vehicle, your're safe, everyone goes home in one piece.

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHillyard View Post
Where can I get a vest like that?? Had to rock a car last tuesday night riding home in the fog. Idiot got to within 1&1/2 to 2 car lengths, right on my a$$, so I just reached in my coat pocket and dropped a gift on the road for him. Had to do it twice but the driver finally stayed back.
I know you can buy one (or order one on line; www.hockinghillsmotorcycleranch.com) at the "Hocking Hills Motorcycle Ranch" in Rockbridge, OH. just tell "M" that "Ruger" from "VN750.com" sent ya.
yeah, these "vests" work real good! they help keep the cagers off your butt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flitecontrol View Post
Just be aware that the next cager might not take too well to your illegal method of deterring tailgating and decide to make you roadkill. Yes, many cagers are stupid about maintaintaing proper following distance, but so are a lot of bikers. Would you suggest that cagers slam on their brakes to get the biker to back off?

Did you consider that the cager may simply have had a problem judging the distance between you in the fog? What about the image you put in the cager's head about all bikers being irresponsible with your little stunt? You are responsible for your own safety. Ever consider pulling over and letting the guy pass you? No damage to his vehicle, your're safe, everyone goes home in one piece.
well, you could just pull over and let them pass.......that way you could stop and use both hands to send the cager a "message" with your .45! lol

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

Last edited by ruger; 11-21-2011 at 05:06 PM.
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Old Fart

Garage
If you are on your bike......I think doing anything that might piss off the driver of 2 tons of metal is fuking stupid. Be it a rock, your middle finger or whatever. Just fuking stupid. Period.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
If you are on your bike......I think doing anything that might piss off the driver of 2 tons of metal is fuking stupid. Be it a rock, your middle finger or whatever. Just fuking stupid. Period.
ok, so how do you really feel?!

post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Daily Rider

First, Thanks Ruger, I'm gonna try to get a vest like that. Second, to flitecontrol, and knifemaker, I have been traveling this same road for 12 years and it doesn't seem to matter if I'm on the bike or in the car, day time, night time, rainy, foggy or clear, there are some people that just ride your a$$. When that car was coming up on me the other night I turned on my emergency flashers to make sure he (or she) knew I was there. As far as pulling over to let them pass, I thought about it but decided not to. The driver had several chances to pass me as I was only running about 35 and we went through areas where there was almost no fog. Dropping the rocks is a last resort to me, but after 40 plus years of riding, I guess I'm just to set in my ways. As far as giving bikers a bad name, most people already have their minds made up on that, They either think of us as good people or scum of the earth, and NOTHING will change their opinion.
Thanks all, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone.

2000 VN 750
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHillyard View Post
First, Thanks Ruger, I'm gonna try to get a vest like that. Second, to flitecontrol, and knifemaker, I have been traveling this same road for 12 years and it doesn't seem to matter if I'm on the bike or in the car, day time, night time, rainy, foggy or clear, there are some people that just ride your a$$. When that car was coming up on me the other night I turned on my emergency flashers to make sure he (or she) knew I was there. As far as pulling over to let them pass, I thought about it but decided not to. The driver had several chances to pass me as I was only running about 35 and we went through areas where there was almost no fog. Dropping the rocks is a last resort to me, but after 40 plus years of riding, I guess I'm just to set in my ways. As far as giving bikers a bad name, most people already have their minds made up on that, They either think of us as good people or scum of the earth, and NOTHING will change their opinion.
Thanks all, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone.
you're welcome.

I can relate, I also ride/drive a road like that too! but when I'm riding with the vest on, the cages stay off my ass! for me it makes a difference.

post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyRector View Post
OK, Ruger!
I certainly didn't want to post this without your permission.
But here it is...
from The Gathering 2011...
I entitle this photo...

Ruger Sends a Message

BLAST! after taking around 1/2 a hour, I finally find this thread with the pic of my old riding shirt and the blasted pic it gone!

looks like I'm gonna have to get a hold of "EZC" and see if he still has the pic.

BLAST!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement