Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Always wear your safety gear

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  flitecontrol 
#1 ·
Helmet :smiley_th today was the difference between a ride in the meat wagon, and the ambulance. Slick oil/diesel covered by some dust (on the road), made me loose traction and wiped out. When i came off the bike had a couple of tumbles and a head (very top of helmet) hit with the the engine guard of another bike. Tried to stay holding bike, sliding to the left side of road to no avail. Was 124 miles away. Neck, back, and ribs bruised. Helmet can be replaced. Can not wait for ambulance and ER bill.

#2 ·
Sorry about your accident. You could have ended up much worse. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

#3 ·
Glad you'll recover, and really glad your helmet did it's job!

#4 ·
I wish you a speedy recovery. I was clipped by a cager 5 weeks ago and taken to ER. The ambulance bill was $1000 for a 1 mile ride.

#5 ·
Sorry to hear of your accident. Glad to know you were wearing safety gear, especially the helmet.
How fast were you traveling when the unseating took place?

#6 ·
when I hit the pavement (testing the structural integrity of the pavement) was lucky enough to have slowed down to approximate 15mph. Down on the left side of bike, body went to the right and head stroked engine guard of my friends bike on the right side of road . Ribs still hurt like hell, along with the inside right knee. Long ambulance ride. Hope insurance cover it, otherwise i have to mortgage the house.

#7 ·
Reported.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.