Introducing sport shield AntiFog Treatment - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Motorcycle Safety Discuss safety ideas/tactics or safety-related products.
Ride Smart!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Linkmeister Supreme

Thumbs up Introducing sport shield AntiFog Treatment

This product has just been introduced this month by Bausch and Lomb.
If it works as advertised it should be very effective. Sounds interesting.

http://www.fogshieldsport.com/landin...rowser_tzo=300

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 07:33 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

There was something similar I've used for paintballin' & dirtbikin' made by a company called Fogcity. The laminate itself was called "The Fog Thing".
Worked good, so I'd guess this should work similarly.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
This product has just been introduced this month by Bausch and Lomb.
If it works as advertised it should be very effective. Sounds interesting.

http://www.fogshieldsport.com/landin...rowser_tzo=300
Sounds expensive, and not much better than that greenish blue goo they sell in shopping mail kiosks.

You can also rub the inside of your visor with tobbaco from you ciggerette, wipe on dish detergent , and use other comercial anti fog treatments....all of which I will tell you only work for awhile and need to be re-applied.

I'll stick with my Pinlock visor...it works in all temps, and does not wear out.
KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 03:14 PM

I'd love to get the Pinlock, but they don't make one for the Scorpion EXO-900 that I can find, and I'm reluctant to home-mod my fancy helmet :P

Instead, I think I'll just remove the plastic visor and go with a neoprene mask and goggles (since its getting cold and I still want the protection of the full face helmet.)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by woegman View Post
I'd love to get the Pinlock, but they don't make one for the Scorpion EXO-900 that I can find, and I'm reluctant to home-mod my fancy helmet :P
Pinlock used to sell a "do it yourself kit" , but only in Europe. I think US liability laws have made them not import them. (Although according to their web site they are still getting alot of requests for one)

Really, it shouldn't be too hard to adapt one made for another helmet to work with one not on the list. The price of trying would only be the cost of two visors. (Or one for the helmet and a cheap one to cut up.)

I had once made something simular for an open face helmet by just siliconing a cut down visor on top of another. I may try this with one of my other helmets over the winter and post some photos if it works out.

If you have ever seen how the Pinlock system works, you would understand why I say it really shouldn't be that hard to do. All you are attempting to accomplish is to build a "double pane" window for your helmet, buy standing off a smaller sheet of plastic from the main one inside the helmet with a soft rubber seal around its edge to create a dead airspace between them.

The "pins" just hold the inner shield on by the outer edges...just like putting a playing card between your thumb and forefinger and causing it to bend slightly. So the real key is the placement of those pins so they let the inner visor follow the contour of the helmets standard visor. (You slightly flatten the main visor to install the smaller inner one)

Goggles don't keep your face warm, and you'd be letting in more cold air in without the helmets normal visor there.

I'm surprised someone here in the US has not come up with a copy of the Pinlock system that works on any helmet yet...........

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/

Last edited by Knifemaker; 12-02-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement