Motorcycle fatalities state-by-state and other info - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Motorcycle Safety Discuss safety ideas/tactics or safety-related products.
Ride Smart!

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 07:19 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
I always suggest no matter what your states licensing requirements are, everyone should take the MSF course or some equivalent.
I agree with that!

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 05:52 AM

Thanks for sharing...such a nice information
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 12:53 PM

In PA, they let us score our own written. Everyone but one short girl who kept falling off of her 250cc was issued a license at the end of the driving portion of the class. My hope was that most of the people in my class wouldn't have the tenacity to actually buy a bike. In my estimation only about 60% should've gotten a license.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 01:24 PM

Garage
I hear that, MMM. I took the PA course, and completely bombed "the box" part of the test but still got licensed. Never got to practice the maneuver before or after the test. Still passed. An additional 10 minutes or so of slow maneuvering practice and I (and everyone else) would have been much safer riders. Some day I'm going to set up some cones in a parking lot.

1992 US-nonCA * tuxedo mod * r/r relocated

Vulcan slang for newcomers
Service Manual Download
Wiring Diagram + annotations * still undergoing revisions, but still more useful than the generic one. Let me know if you find mistakes or think something additional should be added
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMotorcycle View Post
In PA, they let us score our own written. Everyone but one short girl who kept falling off of her 250cc was issued a license at the end of the driving portion of the class. My hope was that most of the people in my class wouldn't have the tenacity to actually buy a bike. In my estimation only about 60% should've gotten a license.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I hear that, MMM. I took the PA course, and completely bombed "the box" part of the test but still got licensed. Never got to practice the maneuver before or after the test. Still passed. An additional 10 minutes or so of slow maneuvering practice and I (and everyone else) would have been much safer riders. Some day I'm going to set up some cones in a parking lot.
I took the PA course last Sept, I had ridden scooters before that but didn’t want to ride someone else’s bike until I got the license. There was about 14 people in the class and only 6 of us passed the riding portion. The instructors were cool guys but unforgiving. And to your point MMM, some folks shouldn’t have been on a bike. One woman would hit the horn every time she tried to start the bike, and another almost ran the instructor over twice. As far as I’m concerned I really learned by riding solo in the Philly Navy base for a couple hours a night until I starting feeling confident
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 10:42 PM

The Naval base is great for that. I've ridden all over that area. I used to love to drive up Kelly and just keep going. Some beautiful country out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement