Nobody home - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Shaker666
Nobody home

Go figure. They don't sell VN750s in Canada. I guess I'll be the first to drag one up here from the US.

'02 VN750-A18, Superbraced, Cruzered, and T-Bagged
'08 Buell XB12Ss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:29 PM

Thumbs up VN750 in Canada

I can't figure this out either. The VN750 (although it appears that it is being discontinued everywhere) is a unique offering from Kawasaki. Nothing else is like this bike, and for some reason it has seen no distribution here in Canada, at least not in recent years. I just purchased mine in Ohio and brought it into Ontario with no difficulties whatsoever. I love the bike and apart from some minor adjustments to noisy valve lash tensioners and regular maintenance I would not want to trade it for, say, a new 900! the only problem is that none of the local mechanics have any experience with these bikes, most have never seen one....so you best learn all about how to do your own maintenance...at least for stuff like mentioned above.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 11:57 PM
and the Adventure Cycle

Well Mr Mole, if ya ever do need to take it to a mechanic, mention to them that if they have any questions about the bike, check out this site.
I'm sure there's a thing or two we can help them with (in exchange for a discount on your labor charges of course !!)

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 02:03 AM

Send a message via MSN to twowheel82
I also live in Canada and I have a couple of great mechanics that can fix most any thing. Actually he was the one that found the drain plug on the bottom that let out all the crapo so that know it runs cool If you are in the Hamilton area let me knoew I will fix you up.
How did you find things at the border .What and where and how about paper work. I want to bring over some bikes and need to find out this info.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Shaker666
Bringing my '02 over the border wasn't a huge issue, but it was a bit of an adventure, for sure. Of course, the only vehicle I had running at the time was my old hot rod which is hardly streetable, but was again, the only thing I had running at the time. So I had to drive it across the border which was somewhat of a hair-raising experience in itself.

That aside, I had to get Kawasaki to fax me a copy of their letter stating that the bike's AOK and doesn't have any recalls, etc. I needed the title in hand which was also provided to me prior to the border visit. Major kudos to Barnes Harley Davidson out in Langley because if it weren't for one of those guys (Brad), I wouldn't have a place to store my bike across the border, a trailer to bring it across, or have a smoothe and easy time getting through all the formalities. Brad apparently knew the people that shipped my bike up from Arizona (Three Jokers, Inc.), which btw were very nice people to deal with. With the bike at the border, the import process simply required about 10 minutes to fill out all the forms. I had to pay $209 to import the bike. This is exclusive of the duty, which happened to be $233.94. After that, I just needed an inspection which happened at Canadian Tire one morning and that was it. Licensed and registered legally in BC now. Can't thank Brad at Barnes Harley enough, though... saved my ass!

Oh, and forgot one major thing: I had to make some sort of appointment or something at the border with the Customs Agency. They required a whack load of paperwork, including the recall letter and stuff. I think the whole procedure and requirements is documented on the Canada Customs website. It wasn't difficult at all, but I think I just got lucky.

Last edited by Shaker666; 04-07-2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added more info
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Vulcan 750 Rider

Send a message via MSN to BikerSid
Hey guys, well im from toronto, i got my 92 750 vulcan last july, it seems that mechanics or the repair shops are getting filthy expensive here in toronto. Like imagine for an oil change they charged me $ 110, was new to bikes and thought maybe its like this...but man it was rediculous. Now i hear some sounds from my front brakes and thinking shall i leave it like this for this season or fix it up..dont know what to do...any one can update me as i live in toronto. And yes you guys are right ,,, im a newbie to bikes and bike riding
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 11:25 AM

hey i'm in toronto too, sorry for offtpic but what insurance company are you with and what are the prices. For ne they said it's gonna be like a 2200 per year and i have to pay it right away for the whole year
Is there better rates ?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 08:26 AM

try Desjardin Insurance (on the web) - I pay $874/year for my 2005 VN750

Duffer

VROC #26950
Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers Chapter 079
York Region, Ontario
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Am I the only guy in the great white north between Vancouver and Ontario who rides a 750 Vulcan. This thread started in April `06 and this is only the 9th post. I`m curious if anyone out there knows when Kawi quit selling the 750s in Canada. I hadn`t thought much about it until I started on this thread, but I don`t think I have ever seen another on the street. Saw a couple in the dealers shop and one of those belonged to the senior mechanic.
I don`t want to make you guys in TO feel bad, but here in Lethbridge (pop. about 70,000+, 200 kms south of Calgary) my insurance for a`91 that I just picked up in May was a little over $150 for the year.
If there are any others in southern Alberta with a 750 Vulcan mount, drop a post on here and maybe we can meet up for a ride sometime. I will wish my fellow Canucks a long pleasant autumn with lots of good riding weather before old man winter blows in. I read somewhere on here there are only two rules for safe riding on snow and ice. Unfortunately nobody knows what they are. Til later OlHoss

Last edited by OlHossCanada; 08-25-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: spelling and clarity
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 10:43 PM

I;m in Edmonton, And there are very few 750s up here. My 85 is a Canadian model, so they were sold here at one time. but I don't see them around the streets.

I must be a lucky SOB since my insurance is 98 for the year on a chopped CB750. The Vulcan isn't runninhg yet But i don't expect it to be much more that that

85 VN750 basketcase ( yes its a true 750, and no smog controls, its good to be Canadian)
It will have
a rebuilt 96 top end, rebuilt 85 bottom end
degoated, Eared
stripped, lowered, raked, bobbed,
reed valve boxes shaved
ported and polished
balanced
right side dump exhaust
heads and cylinders shaved for compression
looking for smoothbore sidedraft carbs
possibly fat bob tanks
modified vn800 or sportster drag pipes or I'll just make some