Ride, Northern Cascades, etc - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northwest Region AK, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Ride, Northern Cascades, etc

I realize that it's way too early but I am throwing this out as a feeler to see who might be interested. The Northern Cascades is always an interesting ride. There are several routes we could take. One would be to go from Burlington across the Casades to Winthrop/Twisp, have lunch and return by the same route. Another would be to have lunch in Winthrop/Twisp, head south to Wenatchee, then west back across the Cascades via Stevens pass to Everett and then north back to Burlington or to where ever you live. The third route would be similar to the second one but diverting and taking a ride up Lake Chelan, (A really scenic ride I am told) then spend the night in the town of Chelan or Wenatchee and booogie back across Stevens Pass the next day. During the middle of the week would be best for traffic reasons, but a weekend cruise might be better for those of you who still have to work for a living. Anyone interested???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
hmm sounds interesting... too bad I am on the other side of the mountains.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 07:40 AM

I agree with slimvulcanrider, it does sound like a good trip. However, I also live on the other side of the mountains. You might just say I live about as far east, and a little south, in Washington state as you can get. It would be noce to get soemthing going possibly towards teh center of teh state and make it close enough for everyone!!

Wayne Manwaring aka: Waynebo37
Clarkston, WA
'01 Vulcan 750
F&S Extended Passenger Backrest
Memphis Shades Santa Cruz 'shield
Throttle Rocker
Vista Cruise Throttle Lock
Tourmaster Studded Slanted 'bags
Dianna Ride Bell
DeGoated, then ReGoated
K&N Air Filters
Custon VN Grille Guard
Misc. add-ons

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynebo37 View Post
I agree with slimvulcanrider, it does sound like a good trip. However, I also live on the other side of the mountains. You might just say I live about as far east, and a little south, in Washington state as you can get. It would be noce to get soemthing going possibly towards teh center of teh state and make it close enough for everyone!!
How far away is collegeplace from you?
I live in the north eat corner of Oregon, but make quite a few trips to Walla Walla for VA appointments
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimvulcanrider View Post
hmm sounds interesting... too bad I am on the other side of the mountains.
Well, okay, that might be doable if we could get enough riders. But if we don't would you and Slimvaulcanrider be willing to do a ride in Central Washington if we don't? And we might be able to pick up some more riders before spring arrives. Then we could meet up in Ellensburg, then head up to Chelan, do the South shore drive and back to Chelan. Then over to Coulee Dam, south to Soap Lake, Mesa, go past Hanover and back to Ellensburg. I haven't done the mileage, but will and post it. The route is also not written in stone and is open to revision suggestions. I could also ride to Spokane after the ride and visit with my son along with whoever heads that way after the ride.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Central Washington Ride

That ride would be about 400 miles. However, we could cut 120 miles off by finishing at George WA and splitting up there. You Think?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
How far away is collegeplace from you?
I live in the north eat corner of Oregon, but make quite a few trips to Walla Walla for VA appointments
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
If you mean College Pl, Wenatchee, I am about 213 miles from there. Depends on what route I take to get there.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
no I meant the town Collegeplace, its just outside of Walla Walla. Riding Central Washington would be fun. I have friends in Seattle area I could stay with as well if we were to do a coastal run.

waynebo37, you are very close to me... only 100 miles away... you need to come down here to Joseph next summer for the Bronze Bike Rally.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Coastal ride

Quote:
no I meant the town Collegeplace, its just outside of Walla Walla. Riding Central Washington would be fun. I have friends in Seattle area I could stay with as well if we were to do a coastal run.

waynebo37, you are very close to me... only 100 miles away... you need to come down here to Joseph next summer for the Bronze Bike Rally.
I could meet you in Seattle. It wouldn't be a coastal ride but we could take the ferry to Bainbridge Island, go Port Townsend , take the ferry to Whidbey Island, go past Deception Pass and to Burlington where we could split up. Or go down to Olympia, take US1 up along the Hood Canal, (A nice scenic ride) to Port townsend etc.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
that sounds like a fun ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement