Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Mt St. Helens Ride

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  dragonrider 
#1 ·
On Sept. 7, Mike Bostick and I are planning a ride to Mt St. Helens and back. We would like to invite any of the Vulcan riders to join us. We will be leaving from the Renton area around 9:00 am.

You can call me toll free if you are interested in joining us: 866 467-3509.

#3 ·
Thanks! Watch for us on Thursday. lol

#4 ·
Mt St Helens

We had a great ride. I put on 360 miles today and the weather was fantastic. The mountian was out in all its glory. 26 years later and there are bare mountain walls where the trees were blasted away up to 12-15 miles away. We rode right into the blast zone and up to Johnson's ridge.

The dome on the inside of the crater is growing 6 feet a day.

#5 ·
That would've been an awesome ride. Wish I could've made it, but the 2,670 mi to get there would've made me a little late for work.
Glad you had a good time though.

Yet another great adventure made possible by a Vulcan !!

#8 ·
I did this trip from Portland, OR to Longview, WA onto Johnson Observatory on Sunday with the Portland Road Runners Motorcycle Group. What a great ride! Our group spent over an hour touring the observatory and taking in the sites. In that short time I received enough sun to cause a mild sun burn on my face and neck. Perhaps, my sun burn was due the observatories altitude of 3000 feet or was it the wrath of Vulcan, Greek god of fire for which all volcanoes are named?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.