Circumnavigation of Washington state in July?? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Northwest Region AK, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)

Garage
Circumnavigation of Washington state in July??

It's been a while since anyone posted anything for this region. What say sometime in mid to late July we just get a group of riders together starting in Tacoma and go counter-clockwise around Washington state just for giggles?
We can pick up people along the way and have a ball. Say plan on 4 days to ride and see the sights/eat/goof around/ride some more?
Or we can pick Oregon. It doesn't really matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 07:40 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
there is lots of cool stuff to see in both states. wish I was closer to make the ride... I miss riding in Oregon... been 15 years since I did a ride there.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 08:06 AM

ride

i wish too that i could make the ride. when i was stationed at ft.lewis i didnt have a bike , i sure would like to travel wash. st. on a bike .

even if u dont get many people to go , I know u will have a good time .
good luck and have fun

DRAGONRIDER
RIDE LONG AND RIDE SAFE

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 10:36 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to cglennon
I'm in Portland, OR. Let me know when you'll be in and around the Columbia River Gorge or Mount St. Helens. However, I will be unavailable the weekend of July 17, that's Cycle Oregon Weekend (the pedal kind of cycle that is).

FYI Mount St. Helens just refurbished the Johnson Observatory for its 30 year anniversary. Grand opening is this coming Tuesday. The sun is strong there, so bring sunscreen.

Chris Glennon - Portland, OR
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 03:35 AM
Banned

I might just have to do that. I live in Idaho, but I wouldn't mind coming up there.
I have been to both Or and Wa state a few hundred times, but in a semi truck working, and never got the see the sights.
Please keep me posted, and I will do my best to come for a few days.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris and Shim View Post
It's been a while since anyone posted anything for this region. What say sometime in mid to late July we just get a group of riders together starting in Tacoma and go counter-clockwise around Washington state just for giggles?
We can pick up people along the way and have a ball. Say plan on 4 days to ride and see the sights/eat/goof around/ride some more?
that sounds like a great idea! it would be like a "Rolling" Gathering! you are planing it right around the same time as the "Gathering" also. I don't see why we couldn't have more than one "Gathering". out east here we will be having ours in the "Rocking" (Hocking) Hills of Ohio. out west you can have a "Rolling" Gathering! and together we will have the "Rock 'n' Roll" Gatherings! lol

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

Last edited by ruger; 03-22-2011 at 11:48 AM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 12:02 PM

Where in Idaho are you, RakerBill?? I live in Clarkston Wa. across the river from Lewiston, Idaho. Maybe if you were in the central to northern Idaho area, we could meet up sometime.

As for a "rolling ride" through/around Washington, I would be interested in a couple of days riding. There are some nice areas around the southeastern part of Washington State. Rattlesnake Grade going into Oregon is a good twisty ride as well as very scenic. Of course there are numerous other directions one could go as well.

Wayne Manwaring aka: Waynebo37
Clarkston, WA
'01 Vulcan 750
F&S Extended Passenger Backrest
Memphis Shades Santa Cruz 'shield
Throttle Rocker
Vista Cruise Throttle Lock
Tourmaster Studded Slanted 'bags
Dianna Ride Bell
DeGoated, then ReGoated
K&N Air Filters
Custon VN Grille Guard
Misc. add-ons
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris and Shim View Post
Did you ever get the ride going? I live in Birch Bay just north of Bellingham. And am always interested in a gang cruise. But one stipulation I make is that I absolutely refuse to ride with anyone or any group that drinks alcohol while cruising.

You are never too old to cruise.
You only get old when you don't!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezyrider View Post
one stipulation I make is that I absolutely refuse to ride with anyone or any group that drinks alcohol while cruising.
well, around here (my neck of the woods) you'd be riding by yourself, everywhere! lol the wife and I don't drink and ride. we ride, then drink, after the bikes are put away for the day. we ride with people that drink and ride, but that's their choice. just because they do it, doesn't mean I have too. what you're saying is like saying "I wear a helmet, so, I won't ride with anyone who doesn't wear a helmet". it's all freedom of choice. to each there own.

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 05:34 PM
..have a vulcan good day!

What's wrong with Ridin', stop at a Bar/Restaurant for lunch.
Eat and enjoy one Beer with lunch, depart and ride some more ?

'86 VN750 13,700 mi -Stock
-Purchased 2008 w/8800mi
Replaced ALL Cables . Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 Headlamp, Jardine Fwd Controls,
Iridiums DPR7EIX-9 & Wires, Tuxedo Mod, Coil Mod, P/U Sensor Mod, Fork Seals,
Splines Lubed - 11/4/2012 - MF AGM Battery
Additional Flashing LED Brake Light on Trunk
Dampers went out @ 13+K !
After TOC MCCT's..... so amazingly quiet I discovered a rattling heat shield on my stock exhaust !
...have a vulcan good day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement