Riding to Medina (apple pie run) Saturday 5th. - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Southwest Region AZ, CO, NM, NV, TX, UT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Riding to Medina (apple pie run) Saturday 5th.

Don't know if anyone in the Central Texas area is interested, but I'm meeting up with a few riders in Wimberley early Saturday morning and we're heading over to Kerrville and down to Medina for a small gathering of sorts with JD and a few other riders. Planning to get to Medina around lunch time, hang out and eat, chew the fat with the guys then head back to be home a little before dark. If anyone here wants to tag along, just let me know. I'll have more details as we get closer to the weekend. Nothing formal, just a group of riders getting together...
We don't have to meet up with you in Wimberley, but could meet up at various locations along the way. We'll be going through or close to Canyon Lake, Kendalia, Sisterdale, Comfort, Center Point, Kerrville and then Medina. I'm starting off in Kyle and heading straight to Wimberley, probably eat breakfast there if we can find an open restaurant that early (7:30 ish) and moving on...

Anyone interested, let me know here!

Fergy
Kyle, TX VN750.com member #707 VROC#19556
2002 VN1500 Classic
Spline Lube Procedure, with photos, R/R Relocation and Coil Mod
Rusty Tank Cleaning!
Electrical Fault Finding Flowchart
SEAFOAM JUNKIE!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 01:16 PM

Hey, Fergy;

I'm headed to Kerrpatch this afternoon; bike's packed and ready to go. Soon's I take a li'l nap amd miss the noon rush, I'll be headed out. I'll give ya a shout tomorrow sometime. I think you've got my cell #; if not, you'll have it tomorrow. <G> Skeeter's is eight three zero, three seven seven, one nine seven two. I'll prolly be at his house; same area code, two five seven, five four two six.

ttyl!

Jim

J.D.
Kerrville, TX
'95 Vulcan 750 "Therapy II",
aka "Raggedy Ann"
'95 VN750 project
'03 VN800B "The Little Black"
'04 VN800E Drifter project
'93 VN1500A custom project
VROC #16185
GCVROC #33

Photo album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leekayd/sets
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

JD, don't know if you've got my latest cell #. five one two, six five six, three one three seven. We're planning to meet in Wimberley at around 7:30 ish, and be in the Medina area around noon ish. I think we're gona come up 27 to Kerrville and ride down 16 to Medina just to have some extra fun. Talk to you tomorrow sometime.

Fergy
2002 VN1500 Classic
Rusty Tank Cleaning!
SEAFOAM JUNKIE!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Hey y'all, Saturday was a perfect late summer day for riding. It was sprinkling when I headed out but after 10 miles or so it stopped. Stayed cloudy all day and temps never got into the mid 90's, but all the way there it was in the 70's to 80's. The roads were great and the ride from Kerrville to Medina was fun, lots of hairpin twisties and great scenery. Our VROC buddy RedRover from Jackson Mississippi made it into Medina at around 3pm so we got to chat with him for a while before I headed back home. Food was fantastic, fellowship with the gang was great and met new friends, always awesome. Got to see JD again, always a treat! Met JD's brother Skeeter and his wife, John and his wife, and just had a great time. Rode home solo and it was almost as fun as getting there, a slightly different route. Hit some sprinkles just outside of Comfort, but they didn't last long and I got home by 5pm. Brought my sweetheart an apple pie and she had pot roast on the stove! It was a good day!

Fergy
2002 VN1500 Classic
Rusty Tank Cleaning!
SEAFOAM JUNKIE!

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 12:57 PM

And a good time was had by all! Geez, I didn't realize I'd been off the board this long... Saw Red Rover again at the Reunion, Fergy; he started out on the bike, and ended up going back for the truck because of the rain. Told him he shoulda gone ahead and trailered. It was great seeing you again after all that time, and meeting Frank; nice guy, and I look forward to riding with both of ya sometime again!

Jim

J.D.
Kerrville, TX
'95 Vulcan 750 "Therapy II",
aka "Raggedy Ann"
'95 VN750 project
'03 VN800B "The Little Black"
'04 VN800E Drifter project
'93 VN1500A custom project
VROC #16185
GCVROC #33

Photo album: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leekayd/sets