Greetings from Oklahoma - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Great Plains Region KS, NE, ND, OK, SD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 11:48 AM

welcome I am from OKC but serving in Florida, so if you ever in Florida riding hit me up.

Harley sportster fenders
custom raked front end
custom exhaust
vn800 tank and guages
modified seat and recovered
rear frame chopped
custom wiring harness
airbox removed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 05:34 PM

Hey guys,

I live in Bethany, Oklahoma and am in the process of getting a VN750A2 up and running again.

Has about 19,000 miles on her, so far I have flushed all the fluids, lubed front and rear spline, cleaned the rust out of the tank with the "high tech" method, tore down the carbs and cleaned twice, removed all the EPA stuff, fabricated straight pipes of equal length and added "eyelet baffles" for backpressure, replaced battery with an AGM, smart charger leads, Iridium plugs, and am in the process of painting her primer grey.

Once I recover from a recent shoulder surgery abit more I plan on painting and wrapping the pipes, using the old seat pan and adding all new foam and vinyl for a custom seat, fabricating a sissy bar for my wife, replacing the spark plug wires, replacing the tires, rejetting the carbs, rebuilding the forks, and doing Fergy's coil relay mod.

Hopefully, I will be healed up enough in August to have her up and running.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 12:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to palucas
hey guys checking in from the southeast corner of oklahoma got a 92 750 not my first bike but is my first cruiser in need of a few more parts and she'll be back on the road cruisin again once all the parts are in and she's running right im going to paint it black and enjoy the summer riding if any of you are down this way let me know and we can get together her and ride

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 09:18 AM

Welcome to the forum.. this is the best place on earth for VN750's.. I too have a 92'.. not on the road yet as well.. parts bike that I am restoring and moding.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 07:22 PM

I live in oklahoma as well Slaughtersville area .. i have an 86 Vn750a with hardly any mods .. mines more of a cafe racer/bobber striped to almost nuttn .. however i have custom pipes (no baffels or spark arestor)heat wrapped pipes, Z dragbars, shorty seat, 2 stage racing clutch, k&n filters,Oversized rear tire.. everything blacked out. Ill post pics as soon as i find my camera its a hard tail conversion btw lowered 3 inches. No mirrors, No signals, No front fendor no extras .. no junk ... no kidding

Last edited by okierider; 05-05-2011 at 07:29 PM.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okierider View Post
I live in oklahoma as well Slaughtersville area .. i have an 86 Vn750a with hardly any mods .. mines more of a cafe racer/bobber striped to almost nuttn .. however i have custom pipes (no baffels or spark arestor)heat wrapped pipes, Z dragbars, shorty seat, 2 stage racing clutch, k&n filters,Oversized rear tire.. everything blacked out. Ill post pics as soon as i find my camera its a hard tail conversion btw lowered 3 inches. No mirrors, No signals, No front fendor no extras .. no junk ... no kidding
I have lived here all my life.....well ok Army had me away for a bit....where the hell is Slaughtersville?
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 03:29 PM

Oklahoma City

I live in the city and I'm around Edmond a lot, so has anyone in the area met each other yet? Also if anyone is free sometime I'm running into problem after problem and a little help would be nice.

1985 Vulcan 700 - Fenrir

No regrets. Thats my motto, that and everybody wang chung tonight.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Rebel without a pause

Down in Little Dixie, here. That's southeast for the uninitiated. Just past the BFE. Right near The Sticks.

Head down to the hills, we'll do the Talimena run.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 12:07 PM

I know this thread is pretty old, but I have a 2002 vn750 that hasn't been on the road much in the last couple of years.working on the ear shave and cleaning up the carbs. Hopefully exhaust next. I should have it back on the road in a week or two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement