Central Florida anyone? Specifically, Orlando? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Southeast Region AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Total Newbie

Question Central Florida anyone? Specifically, Orlando?

Where can we get parts in this town!? The auto parts stores (auto zone, napa, advance, etc.) have very little for our bikes. The bike stores (cycle gear, etc.) have a lot of clothing, helmets, and cosmetic stuff, but not a lot of parts. Isn't there somewhere we can go to get parts, like a parts store for cars? Or must we buy everything online?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 04:28 PM

Depending on what you need, are there any Kawasaki dealers there that do service also? I know the one here in St. Augustine had to order parts to even do the carb rebuild on my bike before I bought it. Online may be the better option...most likely cheaper too.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Total Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviate View Post
Depending on what you need, are there any Kawasaki dealers there that do service also? I know the one here in St. Augustine had to order parts to even do the carb rebuild on my bike before I bought it. Online may be the better option...most likely cheaper too.
I hear ya on the "most likely cheaper too" part, but sometimes you want it now. Don't get me wrong; I'm an online shopper for sure. I think it's great. But I'm new to bikes and when one is new to a thing, sometimes one likes to explore a little. As for the Kawasaki dealers, there are none here. At least, there are no Kawasaki-specific dealers here. We have mish-mosh places that carry yamaha, suzuki, kawasaki, etc. all under one roof. They don't stock the parts, nor can you browse like you would at auto zone. Maybe I'm asking too much.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 04:55 PM

I know exactly what you mean.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 04:59 PM

At least you can get parts on Ebay, can't find hardley any parts over here from Ebay or dealers
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Total Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
At least you can get parts on Ebay, can't find hardley any parts over here from Ebay or dealers
Is it illegal for a friend of yours to ship parts to you from here?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 05:09 PM

I don't know never thought about that, just looking at the ebay postage and most items cost more to ship than they do to buy, and then there is the import tax on top of that too, this country just taxes everything they can.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Total Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
I don't know never thought about that, just looking at the ebay postage and most items cost more to ship than they do to buy, and then there is the import tax on top of that too, this country just taxes everything they can.
I know. Not much better here. It looked like Adam Smith had a chance there for a while, but plainly Karl Marx is beating him into submission. There's no hope for humanity. So, I ride instead!

Maybe you should start an underground, black market for Vulcan parts.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 05:30 PM

You ride instead as long as you can get parts lol
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 08:48 AM

Kawasaki on East Colonial has a very good selection. They are very helpful and friendly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement